West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Script updates

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:16 pm

30/11/2015:

• Players can register an account;
  • Players can login to their account;
  • Players can choose their class (Civilian, Police, OGF, ESB, Vagos, VLA and DP - As of 30/11/2015);
  • Players can use the basic roleplay commands;
  • Players can PM each other;
  • Players can toggle their private messages;
  • Players can take their phone and enter a number that they'd like to call;
  • Players can put away their phone;
  • There are 51 vehicles which all players can enter freely.

1/12/2015

• Players can take and put away their phone using /phone only if they possess one;
  • Players can call people using the interactive phone textdraws;
  • Players are not yet charged fees for calling, though, the code has been written;
  • Players can store contacts so that they don't have to memorize all the numbers (this needs some adjustments to make it look more appealing);
  • Players can turn on/off their phone

3/12/2015

• I fixed the feature to add/remove/list contacts to/from/on your phone. The script is now fully functional;
  • Players are now able to see who is calling them. The name of the caller pops up on the screen when they are in your contacts and it will pop up as 'unknown' when they are not.

5/12/2015

• Fixed the phone textdraws that tell the callee who's calling them;
  • Added private vehicles;
  • All players can have 1 private vehicle (donators can have 3);
  • Private vehicles are not spawned when the owner is offline;
  • Players can store all types of items in the trunk;
  • Players can start and turn off their engine using 'Y' on the keyboard;
  • Players can enable their vehicle radio using 'R' on the keyboard (music is heard by everyone in the vehicle and for everyone when the windows are rolled down);
  • Players can roll down and roll up their windows (rolling the windows up will limit the IC conversation to the people inside the car);
  • Donated vehicles are equipped with an automated lock when the owner is not in the vehicle;
  • Players can scavenge unlocked trunks. It is advised to keep your vehicle locked when not near;
  • Players can steal private vehicles (when unlocked). It requires the thief to vandalise the dashboard and rewire the ignition circuit.
  • Stolen vehicles are given to the thief. The police can give the vehicle back to the rightful owner when the thief is caught. **
  • The police will be notified when someone attempts to enter a lot of vehicles in a short period of time in the same area.

**: The stolen vehicle is handed over to the thief script-wise. This means that the rightful owner loses his private vehicle. The police must track down the vehicle (and optionally the thief) in order for the rightful owner to get his vehicle back. (Yes, I am aware of possible abuse! This feature will be tweaked to avoid abuse).

These features are not all added yet. They should be included in the end product. A new post will appear when all they are implemented!

6/12/2015 - 7/12/2015

I have dedicated this Sunday to rewrite the very first version of the vehicle script as it was malfunctioning due to a lot of logical errors and checks throughout the script. By the time you read this, it has already been rewritten. It is not yet tested.

8/12/2015

It took me well over two days to fix the most annoying bug I have ever encountered.

• I updated the server's information on the SAMP launcher;
  • Vehicles owned by players can only be (un)locked and started by the owner;
  • There are 50 free vehicles on the server for everybody to use. They cannot store any items and they cannot be locked.
  • The local IC chat is no longer seen by everyone on the server.

The server has been online for a brief moment because I realised that I had forgotten a thing or two to add. Won't take long. I will keep you all updated! Sorry for the day delay.

Continuation on 8/12/2015

The first test run on the server with Doughboy and Meebo was a success. I wrote everything down that needed to be added ASAP. I will do so in the next few days. I will keep you updated!

9/12/2015

It is technically 9/12, but I finished these updates yesterday (45 minutes ago).

• Fixed a typo in /me;
  • Added /l(ow);
  • Added the admin chat;
  • Added all the WCL animations;
  • Added /s(hout);
  • Fixed a level 6 admin command;
  • Added /ban;
  • Added /kick.

Continuation 9/12/2015

• You can now keep track on the amount of time you spend on the server (/stats);
  • Fixed the ID popping up along with your message when sending/receiving a private message;
  • Fixed the server crashing when admins said something in admin chat;
  • Added the hardware interior mapping made by Rashid. Credits go to him.
  • Added /accent with a total of 27 accents

Continuation 9/12/2015

• Added faction vehicles. They now act like private vehicles but can be operated by gang/faction members;
  • Added /admins;
  • Added /warn;
  • Fixed the 'time' column in /stats.

10/12/2015

• Added an 'accent' column to the database. This caused a mysql error. Players couldn't register an account,
  • Administrators can now just enter the name of the vehicle's model instead of the IP to spawn one;
  • Added a 'warns' column to the database. This caused a mysql error. Player couldn't register an account;
  • Fixed the visibility of one civilian skin when you're a DP member;
  • Added the intro song;
  • Added quite a lot of admin commands;
  • Added the player's ID in private messages.

11/12/2015

• Players who are not logged in cannot perform any commands except for /login and /register;
  • Players who are not logged in cannot use the IC or OOC chat;
  • Players cannot receive any PMs when they are not logged in. However,  level 2+ administrators can still send PMs to the not logged in player.
  • Hotfixed a bug with the logging and registering of accounts in combination with using commands;
  • Added /rules;
  • Added /help;
  • Added /credits;
  • Added /forums.

12/12/2015

• Added an cheat detection for money hacks;
  • Added two actors where you can buy guns from. Read more about it here: https://west-life.forummo.com/t8393-gun-dealers-you-didn-t-get-it-from-them#125831 ;
  • Added an hourly paycheck of $750 till we implement jobs and criminal activities. This is temporary!;
  • Added an advanced C-bug detection;
  • Fixed a typo in the C-bug detection script;
  • Added more administration commands;
  • Updated the mapping around the gun dealers (credits go to White);
  • Added Tec-9s and Mac-10s to the gun dealers;
  • Edited the weapon skills that player start with to the lowest;
  • Weapons are now saved upon disconnection;
  • Cash is now saved upon disconnection.

13/12/2015

• Player's cash is now given to the player upon spawning;
  • Player's score in the tablist represents the amount of cash the player has;
  • Added the killist;
  • Weapons and their ammo now save upon buying one and when disconnecting.
  • Added /blindfold (/bfo) and /blindfoldoff (/bfo). This makes your screen completely black. Perfect for editing the chatbox later on for your screenshots! Suggested by: Solar and Inferno.

14/12/2015

15/12/2015

• There was a bug with the script responsible for the loading and saving of player weapons. This has been fixed now.
  • Added an exterior for the LSPD.
  • The LSPD barrier, gate and interior door are controllable by all police officers. /pdb(o/c), /pdg(o/c) and /pde(o/c) are the commands respectively.
  • Player data was also saved upon disconnection even thought the player was not logged in. This caused data corruption for the following things: weapon data and total play time.
  • Added /sms. This will be tested when I added the phones to the 24/7's. Though, the feature is already implemented.
  • You can now open and close trunks from private vehicles and gang vehicles. Storing items and taking items out is not yet available as I have to figure a way out to handle the data.
  • Shop items can now be used.

23/12/2015

• The vehicle script is fully functional.

25/12/2015

• The IC chat has been added.
  • Boomboxes can now be bought from any 24/7 store.

27/12/2015

• Fixed a lot of malfunctions in the boombox and vehicle radio script;
  • Added /puton - yes, objects save;
  • Added a footer textdraw that I will use in quite a lot of situations;
  • Included the module that had /stats and /help - These commands now work.
  • Fixed an issue with /engine and /lights;
  • Module names were in conflict with each other; admin commands now work again.

Last edited by Yepperson on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
DopeDod.
Gangsta
Gangsta
DopeDod.

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Good to have the server back.
But please.. lets rp 90's.. seville,grove,temple etc.. Not OGF,and not ESB
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 pm

DopeDod. wrote:
Good to have the server back.
But please.. lets rp 90's.. seville,grove,temple etc.. Not OGF,and not ESB

Welcome back. We explained the timeline and the reason for it here:
https://west-life.forummo.com/t6305-wcl-rp-timeline-and-storyline#125807
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Topic updated for 10/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:

• Added quite a lot of admin commands;
  • Added the player's ID in private messages.

Back to top Go down
Barry
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
Barry

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:46 pm

IP?
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:02 am

Barry wrote:
IP?

The IP is right underneath the navigation bar on the index page: 91.121.223.142:4562.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Topic updated for 11/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:

• Hotfixed a bug with the logging and registering of accounts in combination with using commands.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Topic updated for 11/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:

• Added /rules;
  • Added /help;
  • Added /credits;
  • Added /forums.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Topic updated for 12/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:

Last edited by Yepperson on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:06 pm

Main topic wrote:

• Added an hourly paycheck of $750 till we implement jobs and criminal activities. This is temporary!
  • Added an advanced C-bug detection.

Last edited by Yepperson on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Main topic wrote:

• Fixed a typo in the C-bug detection script;
  • Added more administration commands;
  • Updated the mapping around the gun dealers (credits go to White);
  • Added Tec-9s and Mac-10s to the gun dealers;
  • Edited the weapon skills that player start with the lowest;
  • Weapons are now saved upon disconnection;
  • Cash is now saved upon disconnection.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:24 am

Topic updated for 13/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:

• Cash is now given to the player upon spawning;
  • The score column in the tablist represents the amount of cash the player has;
  • Added the killist.

Reminder: weapons are not saved yet due to a function error in the script. I'm working as hard as I can to solve this. Do not buy any weapons for now.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 11:15 am

Main topic wrote:

• Weapons and their ammo now save upon buying one and when disconnecting.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Main topic wrote:
  • Added /blindfold (/bfo) and /blindfoldoff (/bfo). This makes your screen completely black. Perfect for editing the chatbox later on for your screenshots! Suggested by: Solar and Inferno.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 1:51 am

Topic updated for 14/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:

• All interiors have been added. Press KEY_NO (default: N) to enter and exit interiors.

Functionality to the 24/7's will follow tomorrow. Sorry for it taking so long. Yes, I am aware of missing mappings. You are advised to quickly exit an interior upon entering it, to avoid falling to your death. This will also be fixed tomorrow.

Note: This update is not live yet as of the time of me posting this! I will keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Main topic wrote:

Note: This update is not live yet as of the time of me posting this! The shops will be fixed within the next hour and the update will go live then.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Main topic wrote:
  • Added all interiors and shops. You can buy items but they cannot be used yet.

Previous updates are now live.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Topic updated for 15/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:
  • There was a bug with the script responsible for the loading and saving of player weapons. This has been fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Main topic wrote:

• Added an exterior for the LSPD.
  • The LSPD barrier, gate and interior door are controllable by all police officers. /pdb(o/c), /pdg(o/c) and /pde(o/c) are the commands respectively.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Main topic wrote:

• Player data was also saved upon disconnection even thought the player was not logged in. This caused data corruption for the following things: weapon data and total play time.

Total played time is reset for everyone that had a corrupted value in their field. Luckily, nobody owned a weapon yet.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Main topic wrote:
  • Added /sms. This will be tested when I added the phones to the 24/7's. Though, the feature is already implemented.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Main topic wrote:
  • You can now open and close trunks from private vehicles and gang vehicles. Storing items and taking items out is not yet available as I have to figure a way out to handle the data.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Topic updated for 16/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:
  • Shop items can now be used.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Topic updated for 19/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:
  • Rewrote most parts of the script due to a corrupt library on which it was primarily based on.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Topic updated 23/12/2015:

Main topic wrote:
  • The vehicle script is fully functional.

It has been a rough week for me. The vehicle script had to be rewritten multiple times and I honestly just lost interest in continuing it but I dragged myself through it and I got it working! I'm finishing it up and it will be live later on today (possibly within an hour or two).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Script updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Script updates   Script updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Script updates
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next