West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

How to do a proper drive-by.

Go down 
+5
OLD_SCHOOL
Chevy
Loc
Lowride
ThaBomb
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThaBomb
Pimp
Pimp
ThaBomb

How to do a proper drive-by. Empty
PostSubject: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I've seen a lot of drive-bys here and most of them are not done properly. People tend to chase after the victim(s) doing whatever they want, such as cutting through several roads, grass areas, etc, you know, just to get the kill. Guys, that is NOT how a proper drive-by is done.

Here's a few videos of how drive-bys are done properly.

Drive-by ends at 0:45.

Skip to 04:52 for the drive-by. Drive-by ends at 05:10.

I found this drive-by a little unrealistic due to DoughBoy getting out of the car and taking ages to kill the three which they would've died even if he didn't get out and kill them. But overall, nice drive-by.

Well, that's pretty much it. I hope you guys learnt something. Smile

Last edited by Jewels on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:54 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lowride
Veteran
Veteran
Lowride

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks for Sharing it And i like Boy n the hood Very Happy Some of Player Drive by on Grass Chasing People etc,
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msh31019
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for the sharing, man.Smile 
Back to top Go down
Chevy
Golden Donator
Golden Donator
Chevy

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Look, I know what you mean, but nobody ever gonna follow it, they think that moving back and forth like a fucking rocking horse will help the shooter, but it wont, the shooter looses aim every time they do that, a good drive by is forexample driving straight or even driving very slow but straight so that they get maximum aim.

And those drive by's you found with houses is the most useless videos ever because we can't even shoot through a thin ass wall made of tree.

People in WCL will run away and chicken run, and that makes most drive byers fury and wants them dead for what they do and ic reasons..
Back to top Go down
ThaBomb
Pimp
Pimp
ThaBomb

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm

#Shadow wrote:
Look, I know what you mean, but nobody ever gonna follow it, they think that moving back and forth like a fucking rocking horse will help the shooter, but it wont, the shooter looses aim every time they do that, a good drive by is forexample driving straight or even driving very slow but straight so that they get maximum aim.

And those drive by's you found with houses is the most useless videos ever because we can't even shoot through a thin ass wall made of tree.

People in WCL will run away and chicken run, and that makes most drive byers fury and wants them dead for what they do and ic reasons..
I've made this topic to teach the people that don't know how to execute a drive-by properly. If they still don't wanna do a proper drive-by, then that's their problem. I don't care if these videos are useless and I don't find them useless. They show how to execute a proper drive-by. And like I've said, it's not about killing the person, or if you suck at shooting or if you're good at it. What matters is the message you've given to the victim(s). You could shoot the windows, vehicles, walls, etc, it'll still be a message given to them.

So what if they run? Most run because that's how they react to a drive-by, I do, too. It's how I react, I ain't gonna stand there like a dumbass and take all the bullets. You can see the drive-by where those men in the van were ordered and had to kill the two individuals. The individuals got away and the men backed out, they failed. If people really wanna kill someone, then they could do an on-foot shoot-out, lol... Pretty much the only point of a drive-by is to send a message. If you wanna kill someone and you know a drive-by ain't gonna be the way to do it, then find another way, like I've said.

If you wanna continue this argument, PM me on forums or something.
Back to top Go down
Chevy
Golden Donator
Golden Donator
Chevy

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm

But if you want players to start shooting at houses like thats a big fun, its never gonna happen.

Ofc I run too, im not a fucking ape standing there either, but most just runs inside houses and blabla they say they are safe and can never be killed then, as you said yourself players will drive over grass for the kill, its just typical wcl and its always gonna be. i respect you trynna help im not going against that dont get that wrong.
Back to top Go down
ThaBomb
Pimp
Pimp
ThaBomb

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm

#Shadow wrote:
But if you want players to start shooting at houses like thats a big fun, its never gonna happen.

Ofc I run too, im not a fucking ape standing there either, but most just runs inside houses and blabla they say they are safe and can never be killed then, as you said yourself players will drive over grass for the kill, its just typical wcl and its always gonna be. i respect you trynna help im not going against that dont get that wrong.
I just said that if you wanted to continue this argument, you could PM me on forums.
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm

I totally agree, every single movie out there is what is done irl.
Back to top Go down
Гость

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:07 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Buhinc

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:08 pm

I must agree with this also, but people usually make drive by for kill, not for message and so on... If I'm driver I'm usually driving slowly at first wave then I make 1 U-turn for second wave, and then I dip but there is always /b involved "WTF" "WHY YOU DIDN'T STAY THERE?!" and so on.. so people get used to it and they are attempting to kill as much as they can with drive by..
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
[AFK]Lil Dan

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 pm

W4YN3 wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
He was sarcastic, you twat
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:59 pm

The only problem is IRL drive-by's are different , because of GTA SA physics people wont RP injuries / fear and they will run around - asspull a gun and shoot..I want to say more but i can't type a lot with my mini-laptop's keyboard (suckish shit)
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:35 pm

If you kill whoever you shoot at, or he survives, the enemy will eventually go after you anyway. I think most of the server knows this. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to pull off realistic drive-by runs like the OP suggested. I've had a greater role play experience in being shot at, than dying. As for the shooter, it probably doesn't add to any kind of character development if he nets another trophy kill or his victim manages to survive.

The shooting in those videos is realistic, even if they are movies. They pass through and open fire. Regardless of injuring or killing someone, the gang members have done their job and move on. This is why the two minute rule of camping was added, so people wouldn't do laps around your residence, or camp there.

People won't stay still either, it's a human reflex to run away from danger. Neither does every drive by in the USA result in a murder homicide. Most gangs pull it for different reasons, and they do not kill at every run. Let's say that 150 drive-by shootings happen in California from a statistical point. Out of that dozen, there would be only 40 homicides, that's a pretty low ratio, close to a just 25% success. The injured victims would be higher, 120 counts of people who get shot but survive. People that get shot, are also very often just innocent bystanders. If I'm exact, around 20% of drive-by victims would be innocent bystanders, which further adds on the fact that gang members don't always manage to strike marked rivals. That is why low-income communities with a high crime rate, often barricade themselves in houses or hide under windows.

If you base the server's violence to go by the jungle-like environment of the 90s, from 1989 to 1993, there were 6327 drive–by shootings, where 9053 people were shot at, and only 590 were killed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to do a proper drive-by.   How to do a proper drive-by. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to do a proper drive-by.
Page 1 of 1