West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion

Go down 
+21
ThaBomb
Mr Whoope.
DoughBoy
Jiggy
Slick
Vice
OLD_SCHOOL
LukeEV
Chauncy
DaParasite
тесhnique
Nyne
Sly
RollingStone
Micklo
Loc
Radman
TalonEyes
stalkur
peanutt
Compton/Kollay
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LukeEV
Known Player
Known Player
LukeEV

~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm thinking of joining Vagos, Is it a nice place to do a lot of RP at? Vagos are fun to be honest.
Back to top Go down
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P
peanutt

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Vincus wrote:
I'm thinking of joining Vagos, Is it a nice place to do a lot of RP at? Vagos are fun to be honest.
Before you make any choices that might make you regret in da future i highly recommend you to become familiar with Vagis rules *Compton's rules* ... ask him, he may clear you about that.  fuck that/dumb bitch 
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Vincus wrote:
gotta b a trill nigga
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Update in the hood part 2:
~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 2ikpj4n

PS. peanutt fck off u aint about that life, always timing out n shit
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
Vice
Silver Donator
Silver Donator
Vice

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Gotta wait one more day and then i can finally come IG!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 2:19 am

a short story about my character since im joining vagos:

Juan Yanez Jr. is a 15 year old from East Los. He lives with his mother Maricruz, and her long time boyfriend, Carlos. They have a 3 year old daughter in Alicia Yanez, which is Juan's little half-sister. He takes good care of her often offering himself to watch over her in the afternoon instead of doing his homework. Their residence is in the projects and it's a poor household: only Carlos has a vehicle, and it's a small motorcycle which he drives to and from work.
The reason that Carlos and Maricruz haven't tied the knot is because he is a loose cannon, he cheats on Juan's mother and that's the reason he doesn't want to marry since it would become an obligation to spend time with the family, which he barely does anyway. And while Maricruz lives a lie, Juan feels it in his skin each time he's alone with Carlos. To cope with his cheating, Carlos usually drinks, and since it's common in poor households for this to happen, soon domestic violence arises, and Juan is the only escape of Carlos's wrath. But he keeps his mouth shut, because he wants to see his mother happy. And while he's quiet at the house, he prefers to spend all his time outside, with kids of his age. As a result, he is the most reckless kid of the group, which always goes into trouble because he needs to let go of his anger and frustrations someplace else. The beatings are becoming worse by day, and recently Juan has had thoughts of joining a local gang in order to make something happen.
~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 EOBYH4E

That's it, hope you read it all lol.

Last edited by Slick on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P
peanutt

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:01 am

Most mysterious story of all time..
I read the first paragraph for 10 times or more, And im still like " niggawat ".

Slick wrote:
Juan Yanez is a 15 year old from East Los. He lives with his mother Maricruz, and her long time boyfriend, Carlos.

Sad you pinche de madre, i didn't expect you cheat me with another boii, Hijo da puta holmes Sad
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Okay, from today on I am taking the leadership of Vagos.
At first I didn't want to, wanted to roleplay under Compton and Peanutt, but since both are very busy outside of the game, and I didn't exactly want to apply for it, the leadership was handed down to me.
The faction will follow the same concepts it has been so far, but it will, hopefully, evolve in the future while still being inside the concept of a street gang.

Some screenshots and a little history will be posted soon, concluding my character's history and events until he takes leadership.
I'll do my best, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jiggy
V.I.P
V.I.P
Jiggy

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Are you gonna take the leadership with your young character?
Anyway, I wish you goodluck and hope you get this shiz active.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 3:31 am

Thanks for the support everyone.
As I mentioned, here are the screenshots that show the development my character had to undertake in order for me to be able to properly lead the faction in character. These took place in the last week. It's kinda like a story, and later part 2 will come, which is the release from jail, the subsquent time skip and my return to East Los. Thanks to Rocce for helping me making the screens. If they take too long to load, please PM me and I will put them in spoiler tags.
https://west-life.forummo.com/t2949p100-los-santos-vagos-gallery#113995
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran
DoughBoy

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Have a nice roll, Slicko.
Take it far.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 pm

~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Mi1mpv

Primo Torres got your back lil vato.

Last edited by Compton on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Good luck with Vagos, Slicka. Make the East LS zone active.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:18 am

Yo the support I am getting is cool for real, thanks.
Had the "2nd part" of my roleplay today. Finally my character is out of prison and ready to start.

OOC Disclaimer for now:
Please, do not MG just because you know that I took the leadership OOCly, does not mean that has happened ICly yet.
Back to top Go down
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P
peanutt

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:57 am

YES! Pavoroso irmao, We've gonna rocha the amarelos now ese, backing de Magic.

"Terrible net connection or maybe low PC performance atm doesn't let me join game much, also it's exams season for me and busy with that but still i'll try my best to be involved in your plans as much as i can if not expect me after exams irmao. "
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Good roleplay so far from practically everyone.
I reckon this stuff Micklo wrote some pages back deserved a bump, and there's also more stuff I want to cover.
For current members/outsiders and future members/outsiders, the roleplay is much more enjoyable if you understand how to roleplay correctly in the way a 2010ish hispanic la gangmember would.

I am thinking about writing a guide on how to roleplay hispanic together with Doughboy, but if somehow one of the parties can't do it anymore, I'll try and release the stuff I know.

Gang members these days are already on 3rd, 4th and so forth generations, so they have taken up "normal" US mannerisms and first names and speak most of the time in english. Some only use a few spanish words, which is part of the street slang. https://west-life.forummo.com/t7489-contemporary-hispanic-slang

If you want real life inspiration on how to roleplay here, go on youtube. It's really easy to find stuff like videos and reports. The gang of "Los Santos Vagos" is loosely based of several LA real life gangs, some of which are El Monte Flores 13, White Fence or Cerco Blanco, 18th Street...
Also based alot in Boyle Heights gangs
http://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/cityofla/boyleheights
http://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/elmonte
Hispanic gangs have an hatred for black gangs.

And in my opinion, some people might disagree but LS is based of LA right? All the hispanic or latino gangs in LA pay respect to the Mexican Mafia, meaning they are Surenos. Surenos = comes from south, so since Vagos are in the "south" they are surenos. So, no "ene" stuff. Only the San Fierro Rifa could be considered a norteno set, and they don't exist as a faction in our server. The only hispanic gangs who don't follow the Mexican Mafia and pay taxes, are the Maravillas, called the green lights. The Vagos are also based of them, and it would probably be more correct to roleplay them as such, instead of being a "sureno" set. Still, a change can be made in the future.

On to roleplaying, it's easy. You roleplay as a poor kid from the slums. Maybe you go to school or do Isomething else. Roleplay simple things like washing your clothes or stealing small objects and stuff like that. Family is also important, and neighbours, so you can develop roleplay around these NPC characters like I did and do. You may act reckless or not, but those who are constantly being called out for "being pussies" might get jumped. It's always all about the street rep or the money. You get high
with your homies, you drink cheap beer, cheap clothes, cars, cheap everything. If you somehow
get your hands on a basketball jersey, you get respect. Small details as your character grows up.

Micklo wrote:
Three videos which were easy to find. A recommended watch If anyone feels like it.

It would be cool to see anyone roleplaying having a kid to look after, providing for his child by selling drugs.
Or even using kids on the street who want to get jumped in to sell drugs for them. A lot of other videos I've seen on the internet with Mexican gangs have to do with something like, "Free Bandit" wanting a member of the gang out of bars. Some might even enjoy roleplaying that they just got out of prison and was connected to the Mexican Mafia and is a 5th and Hill gang member. Yes, most of this is gonna be have to be roleplayed by ourselves but it'll help us because we won't need anyone else for roleplay. We can create it ourselves.I'll probably be "active" on Saturday or Sunday's but I can come around Mon-Fri If I don't have much school work.

Last edited by Slick on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Nice RP today and cool pictures

as for the RP style, not much of a south side gang but more an east side gang, and las colinas is north side of town, I never consider vagos as surenos or nortenos, vagos are vagos for me and I don't want to confuse myself or other people with RL gangs.

Although I always RP'ed closer to Nuestra Familia when it comes to Prison RP.

P.S. Nice info, might help some people to create their own RP
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Yes, sa gangs should never be confused with real life gangs and i dont want to leave people confused. But investigating on these real life gangs allows ur rp to grow alot

I agree, vagos are vagos and for example, aztecas are aztecas and families are families. None is norteno, sureno or crip/blood. And you are right, vagos are a east gang. Like white fence or boyle heights gangs, not a "true" southside gang. Vagos have aloooot of turf, las colinas, east los, los flores and east beach. each district can "act" differently, some more violent and gang related... but i will leave that to each member.
if u want to rp living in one of these, go ahead. its vagos turf anyway.

On the eme vs nuestra familia thing, anyone can rp what they want really... i simply affiliated my character to the mexican mafia because its the prison gang that controls los angeles.

Yeah, i hope people get creative and create their roleplay
Back to top Go down
Mr Whoope.
Hitman
Hitman
Mr Whoope.

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:07 pm

We had some really engaging roleplay yesterday. Hoping for more today.
Back to top Go down
ThaBomb
Pimp
Pimp
ThaBomb

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Great roleplay as always.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:13 pm

I found this video very interesting, he talks alot about the lifestyle of an eastside gang.
Back to top Go down
ThaBomb
Pimp
Pimp
ThaBomb

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Going IG as soon as the server comes back up.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Something I did today, bored out of my mind lol.
~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 AaxUFHD
(maximo, compton, me)
i'ma try and find a picture with 5 or more people, so everyone can stay in the picture.
~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Y3uQRUZ
Sucks that the server goes down during the weekend, but anyways:
The roleplay lately has been really cool and I'm glad the faction got a strong backbone.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Buhinc

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I like those pics ^^
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend
Micklo

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 am

asesino wrote:
I'm not sure what small details everybody in the faction enjoys for RP, because I think we all are from different backgrounds of LS-RP and have learned to RP differently. Although I can say all of us love realism in roleplay because we wouldn't flock to this faction if we didn't.

I enjoy just the simple RP, hanging in the alley, hanging on the front yard of a house or outside the projects, mostly gaining ideas of what to do from there. Meaning...hanging out with gang members in certain locations, gathering the gang up in a various spots(your front yard, the alleys, under the bridge, inside the projects, in a parking lot, on  main street) and just hanging out firstly...from "the hangout" various things can happen...you can just kick-it and talk amongst each-other about recent barrio actives and gang members within the gang or the rival gang...while doing so, other LS-RP players(people outside the faction) see you as a "gang" and know you probably sell drugs or guns, so they'll approach you asking for either or.

That is a a great way to actually sell guns or drugs, just hang outside in a group, my experience with DW&A is that players know you're part of a illegal faction based out of your skin ID, so they'll just approach you...when doing so, all you have to do is give them what they want, weather it be drugs or guns, but of coarse weary of rookie mistakes from LSPD and SASD officers that are displayed IC and OOC(I say OOC because a IC undercover sometimes skips details maybe a realistic undercover cop would give off, for instance the use of /mask...the cops use that as a OOC weapon to catch you IC, RP as realistic as possible, catch a lose sometimes, hope the PD do the same, which some do). A gang is a bunch of lazy people, yes, you are a active member of a barrio, but also just merely showing a pressence and gathering with your hoemboys in the hood is a gang activity, plan your gang activites in certain locations, walk together in groups like a real gang would, because walking alone is a great way to get yourself killed in a real life gang environment.

In Crazy Vatos and Gallows we mostly hung in one area, in one spot, in GHS it was Sangre's front yard/the back dirt lot where most the gang hung and planned attacks and plots for money...and we eventually made the front yard/back lot of Sangre's house a hot spot for drug sales. Same with CVS, we hung on Clovis Street mainly and used the small alley way(where CJ bought his guns on single player in Willowfield) as a hot spot to start RP at. In CVS most of the gang did as GHS as well, hung outside Blanco's house or the alley(like Sangre's house or the back lot).

What I'm saying here is have a meeting point, for SPMV I'm guessing a great spot would be under the bridge in downtown East Los, right behind the 54th Street Car Wash where it leads up to the stairs to the Acron Projects and to the various alleys of downtown. Or hang outside a script 24/7(not one you can actually enter, but what the GTA script-writers made like the Hispanic influenced "Market" or "Cleaners"). Use the alleys, use the store fronts, use the steps at the bridge, all these great spots can START or be a area of fantastic RP, you just have to show a presence there.

Back in CC216(old faction on present rollin 20s turf) Kaikoa would always hang outside of the Idlewood Barber Shop, and we would all meet there and talk to Kaikoa's character known as "Lix", it eventually became a hot spot for the gang to meet and plan attacks and just chill, it was fun :DIt's where most of our Rp started.

So, pick a spot...there can be various spots, I would say move more towards downtown East LS, where you won't be approached by Felton or Acorn RPers and eventually shot...or form a brawl over turf...a place for safe RP, without to much interruption. A place where you can either RP for awhile or plan RP and leave to pursue a different area...as real gangs are groups of people who hang out in certain areas, hence why they have certain hoods(certain spots) they claim cause they hang there...anyways, sorry for the blabber, just thought I'd rant on for some RP ideas.

Drink beer, do drugs, gossip, plan attacks, do /lean at a location, and maybe you'll even end up just having the best RP at that one spot all your RP...because your amused at the different personalities that are around that area(different RPers RPing with each-other). Or you'll go to the store, or do w/e the hell...the meeting spot is the barrio, it's what our characters are willing to die for and represent, a "turf"(a spot).

Isn't that what Idlewood Pizza Stack is? It's a hotspot for RP to begin, start, branch-off from, and end, it's a place where players go to have fun with other players.  8-)

Made from Asesino, SPMV forums. I've posted it here since it seemed useful and just because it was made for LS-RP doesn't mean you can't apply his advice here. I've roleplayed with this guy , he doesn't stand around and be quiet during the roleplay. He gets into his character and does things so we could have fun being in-game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion   ~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Los Santos Vagos~ Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next