West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?

Go down 
+4
nightmare
DaParasite
gundus
Compton/Kollay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Keelo
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:13 pm

As the title says it, I think the weapons need to be more expensive.

I believe that if weapons were rare, it'd improve the Gun RP Fear.
Unfortunatly, right now, weapons are way too easy to get.
That means, someone confront you, you drive to Emmet's, type /shop. Boom! You done.

I'm not saying we'd change the script. I just think it'd be better to have HIGH prices.
Right now, we get $500 every 30 minutes (Or every 1 hour if Yepperson changed the script).
So in 30 minutes, you can get a Colt.45 + A Tec-9.
In approx' 1-2 hour(s) of playing, you can get every weapons avaible.

In my opinion, weapons should be expensive as fuck. I don't care if it's realistic or not.
Its just useless to buy firearms & except others to be scared if everyone has a Deagle, Tec-9, Shotun & AK-47.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:37 pm

I agree. Any idea on what the ideal price for you would be? If everyone replying to this thread also mentions the price that they deem good, that'd help us out a lot!

And the paycheck occurrence has indeed been changed from once every 30 minutes to once every hour. Also, we are in full discussion on how we can get rid of the paycheck and replace it with something more interactive and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:40 pm

If you're going to make guns more expensive, give them more ammo since right now they have ridiculously low ammo and with the current damage values it takes at least 10 shots to kill someone with an AK.

I think the main problem is that everyone has free access to the ammunation and get any gun they want, not that the prices are bad.

Yepperson wrote:
Also, we are in full discussion on how we can get rid of the paycheck and replace it with something more interactive and enjoyable.

If by more 'enjoyable and interactive' you mean something like scripted jobs, then you should just stick to the paychecks which allow people to roleplay while earning money to buy things they need scriptwisely rather than run around like morons and do shitty jobs they don't even roleplay or enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Nightmare, Yeah, it'd be cool that weapons has more damages.
Giving out more bullets wouldn't actually solve the problem.
Guns would cost more but you would get more bullets.

Yepperson, if you wanna know my opinion, you'd triple the actual prices of the weapons.
A Pistol (Colt.45) At 600$ is actually a good price. Same goes with AK-47 that would cost 4,500$
If it cost more, people would be actually more careful about spending their bullets for random situations.

200$ for a Pistol / 300$ for a Tec-9 or 1000$ for an AK-47 isn't a realistic price.
If you find such weapons for this low in real life, you're about to buy a weapon that was used for murder.
A "clean" pistol (That was never used to kill/harm someone) cost alot on the blackmarket.

Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Yeah, making the guns harder to get is a good suggestion. Perhaps tripling the prices could be a temporary solution until we can works something more complex out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalker.stalker
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:29 pm

I'd say all should start from 1000$, like colt45 should be 1k and the other weaps are higher in price.

Money isn't an issue on WCL so far...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
Keelo
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:34 pm

stalkur wrote:
Yeah, making the guns harder to get is a good suggestion. Perhaps tripling the prices could be a temporary solution until we can works something more complex out.

Exactly, man. It sure ain't solving the problem but it would help alot.

Couple days ago, someone (I won't name him) fronted on somebody.
They started to insult eachothers, typical hood shit as we know it.
First dude just went away, said "I'll come back."
He went to Emmet (I seen his money drop from $1000 to $700 within twenty seconds.)
He came back with a Tec-9 & He was searching for the guy he started shit with.

So all I'm saying is, there's no fear at all.
It's just "Oh, you've a strap? I'll drive to Emmet real quick & be back with a strap too".
They gona kill eachothers, someone gona die, he gona respawn & go back to Emmet to buy another gun.

So Yeah, weapons definetly needs to be harder to get (Or as my suggestion says, more expensive)
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Definitely increase prices triple or higher.
I got robbed yesterday and I'm sure it won't be the last time but if guns are hard to get it will be a less frequent deal and people will consider a few times before using guns in their rp.
Furthermore, I'd go one step further and decrease the paychecks forcing players to choose wisely between rp objects and a weapon that could be lost in a gunfight.
Back to top Go down
gundus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 pm

making weapons more expensive isn't gonna make no one rp gun fear it's just gonna make the rich ppl on the server/admins who gave themselves money more power lol
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 pm

gundus wrote:
making weapons more expensive isn't gonna make no one rp gun fear it's just gonna make the rich ppl on the server/admins who gave themselves money more power lol
Server's new so no one is rich? And if you feel anyone admin abuses weapons you should report it.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm

I doubt raising the prices is gonna help but I just wanted to say that you should forget about realism when it comes to setting the prices in a completely stagnant economy. It's very much possible to get a 'clean' handgun for $300 in the USA (consider that weapons can also be bought from technically legal gun stores on the server without a license being required).

Focus on what's better for balance, give players more ammo and make light weapons more accessible than heavier ones. You have a server where everyone is either a cop or a gang member, more expensive guns won't make people roleplay 'gun fear' more.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 pm

nightmare wrote:
I doubt raising the prices is gonna help but I just wanted to say that you should forget about realism when it comes to setting the prices in a completely stagnant economy. It's very much possible to get a 'clean' handgun for $300 in the USA (consider that weapons can also be bought from technically legal gun stores on the server without a license being required).

Focus on what's better for balance, give players more ammo and make light weapons more accessible than heavier ones. You have a server where everyone is either a cop or a gang member, more expensive guns won't make people roleplay 'gun fear' more.

so ur suggestion is to encourage players to buy guns which in turn is bound to lead to an increase in DM. You have to remember that people don't get 500$ every 30 minutes for doing nothing, only for being citizens of the US, do they? Also, since the server is an RP server and not a cops and robbers servers, we're not giving people gun lockers, colts and AKs for 300$ and 1k paydays. if u want that shit go to sols and DM all u want, cuz thas what gangsters do, dont they
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalker.stalker
Keelo
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 7:35 am

nightmare wrote:

What's the point of having a fucking firearm if nobody is scared of it?
Yeah, it's easy to get weapons in the U.S, especially in the ghettos, I know that.
Thing is, most of these niggas keep the same pistol for months.
They don't go to the plug (Emmet's in that case) 1 minute before a shootout/drive-by.

Thing is, if there's no fear, there's no respect.
What's the point of trying to create a powerful gang/faction if nobody is scared?
What if I come to Vagos' turf then front on you.
What you gona do? Tell me to get the fuck out? A'ight. Cool.
Then what I'm gona do? Go to fucking Emmet's & come back. Boom! You dead now.
Then what you gona do? You'll drive to Emmet's to buy some straps.

By the way, you'd find a 300$ pistol somewhere in the U.S, I give you that.
Thing is, do you have the plug? What tells you it's a "clean" strap?
Real life arm dealers doesn't hang in an alley, hiding straps in a trashcan selling "clean" pistol with no serial numbers. Trust me, if they would, I'd be strapped like U.S millitary.

Last point, a'ight, lets say you get a clean 300$ pistol somehow.
In real life, you doesn't receive 500$ every 30 minutes of your life.
I know people on welfare (Canada) that gets a 600$ check every month.
Now you need to pay the rents, foods, etc. You ain't got 500$ left to buy a fucking strap.

PS: More ammo is a stupid idea. You want to do damage? Set the weapons to do more damage. 'Cause I ain't never seen anyone walking down the block with 5 clips in his pockets.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am

Keelo wrote:
Now you need to pay the rents, foods, etc. You ain't got 500$ left to buy a fucking strap.

A few of the admins came back to this statement too yesterday. We are currently looking for ways to make other things more important than a gun. What those are will be announced/suggested when we all come to an agreement of some sorts. Of course, such features are not one of the main priorities. I can say that a lower paycheck and higher weapon prices will be applied in v1.51.
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:20 pm

I agree with Keelo. Everything has been spoken.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Paycheck has been lowered to $150/h and the prices have been tripled. Alternatives to make other things more important than having a gun are being discussed.

/locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?   Higher/Better Prices For Weapons? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Higher/Better Prices For Weapons?
Page 1 of 1