West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment. Empty
PostSubject: How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment.   How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:32 am

First thing first and many players make their case worst by it. DO NOT FLAME. I don’t care what he said or if you don’t agree with the admin, 100% of the time flaming makes it worst so if you want to be treated with respect speak with respect.
Let’s say an admin has given you a hefty jail time for a small offence such as accidently metagaming. DO NOT ARGUE with him. I understand the need for justice but leave it to an open debate between all admins and you in the report section. Arguing usually leads to flaming and this can result in racism or just ugly behavior in general so try to avoid OOC confrontation.
If you were in the middle of an RP and were attacked by some non RP of any sort the first thing you should do is remain calm, try not to outburst rage of any sort. We’ll divide lack of RP in to three types: 1.The unexperienced foreign that cannot be taught how to RP due to language barriers. He is usually harmless and if does anything big such as DM or hacking must be reported promptly. How to deal with him: usually he will ask for some money or ask for some human interaction, feel free to give it or not. You can also try teaching him how to use /b that way everyone gains. What not to do: find IC reasons to kill him. I mean the guy clearly doesn’t know how to RP and you might as well DM him because he will be back to RK you anyways since he doesn’t know what he does.
2. Trollers and hackers. I decided to combine these two because for both the dealing is simple. When facing either of these it is important to remain as calm as you can. For hackers I see the mistake that goes on and on and on. The Shouting of here’s a hacker; we want to get rid of him for good not for now so it’s important to PM an admin to observe him, report quietly. Never show to his face because he will just quit and what good does it bring? Trollers are a little bit harder to punish, the line between: lack of RP and trolling is thin. Someone might actually believe what he does is ok RPly and that makes him a non RPer not a troller. Trolls usually will spam and behave moronically. Not to confuse trolling with crazy RP, a troll usually has zero intention to keep the RP going he will attempt to break it at any given moment once again many trolls are sneaky so beware. DO NOT speak to them in /b saying you’re calling an admin because in most of the cases they will alter their behavior. So just like if it were a hacker work quietly.
3. Honest in between a group of players’ mistakes. Up until now we spoke of visitors to WCL players that won’t last but how to deal with non RP coming from locals? Well, as I keep repeating remaining calm is vital. Try taking as many pictures as you can. Avoid demanding punishments right at the moment unless the act is still going and is enough proof of its own. Always strive to report because you will have more admins to your side this way.
The last thing I will say regarding your relationship with admins. Remember that admins are trying to do their job and even if it doesn’t seem like it most of them time an admin isn’t holding a personal grudge against you. Please try to see things from their point also. Please note that no admin likes to like reports/refunds due to lack of evidence or spam. So do as you can to bring the debate to good level and when asking for a refund have a recent picture with the /date stamp on it.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment.   How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:45 am

Excellent guide, man.
Surfing through the forums and I found this.
Glad to know I've been doing most of these to the best of my ability though!
Back to top Go down
Rashid
Golden Donator
Golden Donator
Rashid

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment.   How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 7:00 am

Twenty dollars for you, bruh. This guide is amazing, good job and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment.   How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to deal with: Admins/Rulebreakers/Admin punishment.
Page 1 of 1