West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

[GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]

Go down 
+4
.::Lil_Jamal::.
Slick
Dreezy
Loc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Гость

[GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Empty
PostSubject: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey there folks. The basic RP when getting pulled over is fun but most likely ends up with an arrest. I want to get this RP to another level.
RP'ing with an officer demands:

• Basic knowledge of your rights

The main lesson is: KEEP CALM AND COOL!

Here is a list with your rights when you're getting arrested or detained:
Rights when arrested or detained

• You have the right to remain silence and the right to consent searches.
  • Shall be informed at the time of the arrest or detention of the reason for it.
  • Shall have the right to counsel and instruct a lawyer without delay and to be informed of that right; and shall have the right to have the validity of the arrest and detention determined without delay by way of habeas corpus and to be released if the arrest or detention is not lawful.
  • Everyone who is arrested for an offence has the right to be charged promptly or to be released.
  • Everyone who is arrested for an offence and is not released shall be brought as soon as possible before a court or competent tribunal.
  • Everyone who is Arrested; or Detained under any enactment for any offence or suspected offence shall have the right to refrain from making any statement and to be informed of that right.
  • Everyone deprived of liberty shall be treated with humanity and with respect for the inherent dignity of the person.

There are a few examples I want to share with y'all to make this a bit easier to understand.
These are examples I experienced in real!

• Example 1:
    " You are pulled over for speeding "
    The police officer pulled you over for speeding. A police encounter when pulled over is frustrating unless you know your rights!
    The police officer will demand you to turn of the engine after you pulled over. He will approach you and ask for a license and the registration papers.
    The best way to pass the attitude test is to shut your mouth, and do what the officer demands. If you start to sigh, you failed the attitude test. If you act aggressive and angry the police officer will act the same towards you. If you act calm and cool the officer will act the same towards you.
    The first thing you ask when you are pulled over: "Officer, Are you detaining me or am I free to go?" - A police officer is allowed to detain you for frisking IF and only IF he has clear reasons for any suspicion on criminal activity and for a short time of period. (This can happen if you are on a place where criminal activity is high)

Rights when pulled over

• You have the right to consent searches.
  • You have the right to remain silence.

• Example 2:
    " The police knocks on your home door "
    You have the right to consent searches. You have the right to deny the police for entering your house without warrant.
    UNLESS - You invite them in. Don't get yourself tricked by their small talks.
    If the police asks you: "Do you mind if we come in?"; You are allowed to deny their request to enter your house because you have the right to consent searches no matter what. Without a warrant the police is not allowed to enter your house for a search, UNLESS, you invite them in (after a request or before a request).

• Example 3:
    " You being detained without any reason "
    There are a few times where the police pull you over or detain you for several reasons. Most likely because you act/drive suspicious. There are many, I repeat, many ways on how a person can drive. He can drive: Aggressive and hurried. BUT.. he can drive suspiciously and calm too. Or he can be both. As I said before, as a citizen of Los Santos you have the right to consent searches. But you do not have the right to consent getting detained. A police officer is allowed to detain you with several reasons. One of them is because you might act suspiciously. The only way to find out if you are free is to ask the following question: "Officer, are you detaining me? Or am I free to go?". The police will either say: "I'm detaining you." or "You are free to go.".. BUT, if the police officer answers with: "I ain't detaining you..", you are allowed to leave the scene.

-I'm updating this topic everyday!-

Last edited by Jefferson on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Nice guide and tips man ! blunt
Back to top Go down
Dreezy
V.I.P
V.I.P
Dreezy

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Very cool guide Smile
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah, it's that video you posted on PD discussions, flex your rights or something.
It's very interesting, I found myself viewing the whole video
Back to top Go down
Гость

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

slickk boy wrote:
Yeah, it's that video you posted on PD discussions, flex your rights or something.
It's very interesting, I found myself viewing the whole video

Indeed.
It's very, very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Hitman

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Nice guide
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Buhinc

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:59 pm

really nice Wink
Back to top Go down
Гость

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Updated
Added a third example.
Back to top Go down
A.O
Post Lover
Post Lover
A.O

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 am

Nice Guide and Planning Man Excellent Work Wink
Back to top Go down
Nesmith

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 am

Nice guide dude.
But i got an Question, You figger all this out?
I mean many people when an Police Officer pulling them over saying Bullshit or just playing big or something?

Still an excellent job dude Very Happy

Waiting for Part 2 Razz
Back to top Go down
Гость

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Nesmith wrote:
Nice guide dude.
But i got an Question, You figger all this out?
I mean many people when an Police Officer pulling them over saying Bullshit or just playing big or something?

Still an excellent job dude Very Happy

Waiting for Part 2 Razz

I figured this out? Or what do you mean by the question?
Well, if you meant: Figured instead of Figger, than here's my answer:
I didn't, there is a cool handy video that explains it all. I must warn you, if you are not able to listen to any English video without subtitles then you're not able to follow the video.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nQ_mFJV4I
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:15 am

I knew most of these rights, still a good guide for people who doesn't!
Also, I like the exemple 1, that'll improve "pull over" and reduce pursuit.

I never understood why everyone try to escape when a PD ask to pull over.
Either they just want to "prove" something or they ignoring that they can refuse a search, etc..

Good job, Jefferson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]   [GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE]How to deal with an officer[AND TIPS]
Page 1 of 1