West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Update progress

Go down 
+4
Silas
peanutt
Rocce
U.N. Owen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
U.N. Owen
Owner
Owner
U.N. Owen

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 2:22 am

I'm half way done with v1.50, it would have been finished sooner. But i've been super busy the last few days, I apologize if no one has received their donation rewards yet. Please remain patient, I have indeed received and read all of your personal messages and made a list of what i need to do, I just haven't had any time to work on your rewards yet. I estimate that the update along with all of your donation rewards, will be finished within the next week. I will keep you updated as i go.

Thanks for reading.
~ U.N. Owen ~

Last edited by U.N. Owen on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rocce
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 4:52 am

Owen, you're trying too damn hard, don't you even rest? I suggest after or even before the update if it feels more confortable to you, you take a 2-week break or something, I can't imagine how tired you are right now.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:26 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P
peanutt

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks oba..OWEN!
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 12:08 am

Good job, Owen.

Hope everything goes well with your business.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Silas

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Hey, Owen & CPT. It's Silas/Rawlog/Freeze here, whatever name you remember me as...I just want to ask what up with the server, you still updating it? I was just thinking...since WCL is in a bad shape right now, how about changing WCL, changing the gameplay...first change the Firstname_Lastname to normal as it used to be before...The tags man...
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:25 am

I don't know, Owen disappeared. I'm also not around much.

But seeing how this idea failed, I have no problem with bringing the old ways back, although I'm not sure that even that will help, SAMP is kind of dead. A lot of servers closed down, the servers that were once big are now low on players, prolly LSRP is one of the few veterans that still keeps going.
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
RollingStone

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 4:29 pm

This is actually sad man...Im currently playing on other RP servers and really realize that this was the only server where some people actually did "true-rp". Even if i (ofc others too) trolled sometimes...the RP that we did on here had the best quality. It was about the char's private-life too. Not like that "SOL*RP" shit where its always "YoSup,LetsDriveBy,LetsSmokeWeed,Troll,g2gpce".
I dont understand why it became so inactive again...if you look back when we re-opened,there were always atleast 5-10 players online with peaks of around 20-30 players daily. I think one of the admins or sm1 like that betrayed you guys...maybe opened up his own or took most players with himself.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:27 pm

No it's just a lot of people are leaving SAMP nowadays, and the Owner aka Owen who was the one that brought updates around here, kind of disappeared as well, and he had the latest version of the gamemode which kind of ties my hands in making any changes with the factions atm. Plus I don't know what's going to happend with the host, not sure if he is gonna continue to pay. But wait and see, maybe he will return. I when I have time, will gladly try help bring WCL back, since yes I understand what you mean Kollegah, all these same looking servers around here don't offer that kind of quality RP we could of had here.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 pm

What is happening right now is just natural, it's an era slowly coming to its end.

My introduction to SA-MP were the stunt servers back in 2008. I found a video of a dude stunting through Las Venturas on Youtube, during school break. Blew my mind. Took a while to get a pirated copy of the game on PC, but a friend came through. One of those where the sound was ripped and you had to play with music on. Eventually I got the game disk and the bastard still works. So, then I moved on and started roleplaying in 2009 because of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZTALIkYlg8 Again, fucking blew my mind. Took me some weeks to eventually find out SOLS, which I left because of idiotic management (still holds up to this day) to come to WCL on the 30th of December, 2011. You can check the date on my profile. Still, it's where I learned to role-play and a lot of friends carried over, and WCL is where that grew even more. I fucking loved that [SBF] vs [DP] time, or the Vagos. In the middle, there were trips to LS-RP, but if you're not active daily there, you get left in the dust. xmovies is also a server I enjoy, and the one I log in the most.

The crazy thing about all of this is that I've been actually playing this game since it came out on the PS2 in 2004! That's eons ago and you would think I'd get bored of the game by now, but once in a while I am pulled back in because of a great faction or just pure nostalgia. And I still love making mods for the game, as an example. Oh... and the fact I am still learning things about it I didn't know. Do you remember this "beta" feature? http://sanandreas.wz.cz/Down/ofimg09_sanandreas.wz.cz.jpg It actually happens in game if you are on a car during a mission like say, a Taxi job. Ballas will wreck your whip homie. Mind blowwwnnn.

This is what I can say about this game, this server and the SA-MP experience. It just blew my mind positively and negatively over 11 years. We grew up with the game, and now we have responsabilities to the real world, so we are moving on.

PS: The russian players are the ones keeping this game alive. Of the 20k daily active players, the majority hail from the motherland. Better start practicing now if you want to still play this in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Forgive me if there any errors above, it was just another one of my ramblings fueled by nostalgia.
Just wanted to add that I am still available to role-play at any given time, just shoot me a PM and I'll be in game, because I'm still applying for a faction after all. Viva Los Vagos!
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Slick wrote:
PS: The russian players are the ones keeping this game alive. Of the 20k daily active players, the majority hail from the motherland. Better start practicing now if you want to still play this in 2020.

I don't mind, my Russian is on point.
Cyka blyat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update progress   Update progress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update progress
Page 1 of 1