West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy

Go down 
+6
peanutt
Compton/Kollay
[AFK]Lil Dan
Big_Jayh
Weedie
|:DeezNawtz:|
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Senior
Senior

R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

POLICE BRUTALITY SHORT CLIP OF IT:

You may not know Rodney King, but he was a victom of Police Brutality being attacked by Police. This caused the Los Angeles Riots of 1992.

On June 17, 2012, King's fiancée Cynthia Kelly found him dead in his swimming pool. Police in Rialto received a 911 call from Kelly at about 5:25 am PT. Responding officers found King at the bottom of the pool, removed him, and attempted to revive him. He was transferred by ambulance to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, California. King was pronounced dead at the hospital at 6:11 am. The Rialto Police Department began a standard drowning investigation and stated that there did not appear to be any foul play. The Rialto Police will conduct a complete investigation, and an autopsy will be performed.[

Rodney Glen King (April 2, 1965 – June 17, 2012) was an American man who was most famous for being the victim of an incident of alleged police brutality involving the Los Angeles Police Department on March 3, 1991. A bystander, George Holliday, witnessed the beating and videotaped much of the incident from a distance.

The videotaped footage showed seven officers surrounding the solitary King, with several Los Angeles police officers repeatedly striking a helpless King with their batons while the other officers stood alongside watching the incident, without taking any noticeable action to stop the beating. A portion of this videotaped footage was aired by news agencies around the world, causing public outrage that increased tension between the local African American community and the Los Angeles Police Department, and increased public anger over police brutality, racism and other social inequalities in the city of Los Angeles, California.

Last edited by Mr.Darryl on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTGM5
Weedie
Veteran
Veteran
Weedie

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Sick bastards man, rip
Back to top Go down
Big_Jayh
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Big_Jayh

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm Leaving PD(jke)

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
[AFK]Lil Dan

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

doesnt have nothing to do with me but rip
Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 pm

RIP Rodney King.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Damn RIP...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P
peanutt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 pm

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Dopeman
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Dopeman

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm

damn so sad, R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:56 am

Video added for some of the video of Police Brutality
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:10 am

I could've sworn he evaded by car, drove recklessly and resisted arrest and had a shit load of other older criminal records,But I suppose he started a new revoultion or whatever never the less R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:19 am

Rest in peace to the guy, made a big impact on modern social and cultural American history.

I hope most people are informed and know that before this incident, King was in a high speed pursuit with the police (evading arrest). The same night he consumed alcohol and didn't want to violate his parole, because he had previous criminal records for Robbery. When he finally got stopped, he didn't comply with orders and made unjustified movement. Even on the video you can see him not laying properly on his stomach. Just want to make it clear, because some people think that the officers randomly choose one black person and beat him up.
Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 am

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
I could've sworn he evaded by car, drove recklessly and resisted arrest and had a shit load of other older criminal records,But I suppose he started a new revoultion or whatever never the less R.I.P

From http://prop1.org/legal/prisons/kinga2.htm - The report said King charged at the officers after standing up, and kicked and swung at them, according to the detective's account. The full police report has not been released
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
[AFK]Lil Dan

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 am

I think he should not be praised as revolutionaire since we have tons of other good examples, i mean seriously.. Revolution? What fucking revolution...

-Unemployed black males that was already sick/bored of their life ( why would they be gang banging if thats not the case, after all), seen an opportunity to wreak havoc due to being bored and made big fucking deal out of it.

PS. its not like shit became better after that.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Rambo
Rambo
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:59 am

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:

LOL, so you mean if a guy has criminal records, they can beat him to death without him doing resistance, It makes non sense, even if he is most wanted, he didnt even fight back.
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
[AFK]Lil Dan

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 am

Actually he did.
I believe he did.
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Shadowz wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:

LOL, so you mean if a guy has criminal records, they can beat him to death without him doing resistance, It makes non sense, even if he is most wanted, he didnt even fight back.
He resisted arrest prior to the beat down he also was under the infulence of alchol at the time.
Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:11 pm

@Old_School - That would be a good reason
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Rambo
Rambo
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:08 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Shadowz wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:

He resisted arrest prior to the beat down he also was under the infulence of alchol at the time.

So according to your post, you're saying that he were drunk, and fighting against seven cops?
Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 am

This is str8 up sad
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Shadowz wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Shadowz wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:

So according to your post, you're saying that he were drunk, and fighting against seven cops?

All I'm saying is if he hadn't have jumped bail and do several crimes during a chase with the cops maybe this wouldn't have happened.He was resisting so the cops had the right to detain him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy   R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Rodney King - Legacy
Page 1 of 1