West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Another try?

Go down 
+16
Trazz
Rhyme
nightmare
Compton/Kollay
A.O
CrimeG
Rocce
Loc
Dice.
DopeDod.
Wh1t3
Slick
Lowride
Slash
RollingStone
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Alright, let's try once more to bring WCL back to life at least a little bit. I want to hear the opinion on the gangs/names and whatnot. My scripting skills got shitty since I didn't touch scripting for a long while now. But as I see Owen is kind of busy atm, so It's on me for now.

I suppose we should bring the server back to SP factions again? Or am I wrong? Something to bring the old interest back. I even thought about following the SP line again with C.R.A.S.H and stuff and even maybe to bring the RP back to the 90's

Well.. Share opinions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
RollingStone

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Word. Alot of us want the "oldschool wclrp" back. With the good old SP factions,[TAG]NICK format names,/cradio,enterable houses for every1 and stuff like that. Eventho i saw that there are new cool objects added since the new samp version (saw it on other servers). Stuff like real-cigarettes (not these ugly cigars),SP skin-extracted clothing such as backpacks,hats,gloves etc. What we gotta do this time is,really doing the "announced" stuff....i know that owen was busy alot. But for example,he promised us like 3 times to add our old donated stuff. Also the "big update" wich everybody was waiting for didnt really arrived...we still hung out with non-enterable buildings,no dealership etc after a month. Also the staffs activity should improve then. The only one thats been really active was you.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Not sure on how I want to make it though, I think united sets is still the best option.

As for now, I already removed the fname_lname format, and I will soon look into the new objects you're talking about, not quite educated about the latest samp update.

Factions I guess:

Families
Ballas
Vagos
Aztecas
Slayermen (WCL created biker gang, decided to stick to it, rather than copy off the lost MC idea)
LSPD

Do we need something else?
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Does this mean my Vagos MC application is no longer acceptable?
I think I like the idea of returning to a more "traditional" environment, but not sure about role-playing in the 90s era once more.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Fine by me, roleplay can be based on our days. The faction is the main thing I ain't sure about. I don't think we need sets atm, serv is really dead, and it's just more work for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:28 pm

We need some players to be able to take over the factions, before anything else.
I guess I can volunteer to lead one.

I think the players should be allowed total freedom inside their "molds", the molds being the original single-player factions. Explaining myself, last time when we had the united sets, everyone was under this "Eastside Ballas" banner, or ESB, and I think some didn't like losing the individuality of their set.

So, in case of the Ballas for example, instead of having three separate skin selection screens (and spawns) for three separate sets, just have one saying "Ballas" with the three dudes and the PLAYER can chose which [TAG] they want. The tag dictates where you spawn. However, there can only be one leader and the set he leads holds the most power, say [FYB]. On the forums, everyone from the Ballas chats/posts their screens on the same topic. Same for Families.

Vagos and VLA are easier to manage. Not sure about having Slayermen.

I think it allows the player to be in the set he wants to be, without separating things too much ICly and OOCly.

Might be a bad idea, but I just thought of it, so it could be tweaked, and I hope I didn't ramble too much.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Yeh I feel you, we can go with that idea. But ugh didn't quite get how you want these spawns to work. All should spawn at the same place but put whatever set tag they want? or?
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Basically the [tag] dictates your spawn: on the skin selection you got the Families or the Ballas, 3 skins for each. If you're rocking the [SBF] tag, say you pick Fam1. You'll spawn at Seville. If you relog and choose Fam2 or 3, you still spawn in Seville, because of your tag, and so forth.

The thing is, this was rushed and I didn't think about how outsiders can spawn, since they don't have a tag. Maybe... anyone who wants to join a gang, puts on the [tag] but is not an "official member" until he gets accepted IC.

I don't know, this last bit sounds kinda fucked up, you never RP'd with a gang before and you get to put on their tag, but it's something new. It could work?

What's cool is that the sets are no longer a gang on it's own with leaders etc, they really become a set ironically lol. They all answer to the same OOC leader and post things on 1 main topic, but... they are still allowed to keep their identity with tag/spawn. A mix of SP and our old united sets.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Look guys, I took my time and returned the old factions back so people can start applying and roleplaying, maybe the interest will come back. I will be updating some things tomorrow. And Slick I will consider your idea, see how we can make it possible. For now Let's stick to the old way

Official tags so far:

[FAM] - Families
[ESB] - Ballas
[VLA] - Aztecas
[LSV] - Vagos
[SMC] - Slayermen
[PD] - Police

P.S. The gangs are already added back to the server and old name format is back
Back to top Go down
Trazz
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Trazz

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Good luck with bringing this back! I believe it'll be worth of it. I'll stick around, help as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Slash
Known Player
Known Player
Slash

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:15 am

Hmm.. not bad at all, good luck with this Compton Smile. Though I wont promise playing here cause of some IRL shits, but I'll try to hop IG if I got time.

PS: Why not adding back the Mafia faction eh?
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 11:57 am

Why not adding mafia back? Remind me when was [AM] active the last time? But for real. I know Mafi a RP can be fun and cool, but WCL is not the right place for it if you ask me, never was a big success
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Lowride
Veteran
Veteran
Lowride

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:13 pm

ok dis is cool, sweg.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msh31019
Dice.
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Dice.

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Finally,see you in game.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Dice can you change your entire profile?
You are living in the past mane, the Heat and Hepburn Heights aren't a thing anymore.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Legend

Location : 305 Miami ☢☢☢ The ORIGINAL 305/Mia/M since the OLD School days

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:28 am

I hope to God that this comes back to life like the Ancient times when I used to play, like [GSF]Miami, Casper, Randy, Sting and etc. I hope to one day come back again for a bit, its been a long time since I'v even been on here in the forums.  But yea I hope that this server DOES indeed come back to life. WCL RPG was the only server that I had ever played on when I first discovered SAMP. I hope that you guys still keep this server alive.
Good luck guys!

- Miami -
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Slick wrote:
Dice can you change your entire profile?
You are living in the past mane, the Heat and Hepburn Heights aren't a thing anymore.

rekt
Back to top Go down
gundus
Veteran
Veteran

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:31 am

305 wrote:
I hope to God that this comes back to life like the Ancient times when I used to play, like [GSF]Miami, Casper, Randy, Sting and etc. I hope to one day come back again for a bit, its been a long time since I'v even been on here in the forums.  But yea I hope that this server DOES indeed come back to life. WCL RPG was the only server that I had ever played on when I first discovered SAMP. I hope that you guys still keep this server alive.
Good luck guys!

- Miami -
holy shit
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 11:16 am

By looking on this, looks like a dead case. Most of the players just left SAMP or moved to other servers. WCL atm probably has like maximum 5 people that still play, and from these 5 maybe only 3 come by. All those who show their support on the forums, it's nice and all, but if we don't see you IG, it doesn't help the server.

In any case, this will never be the same.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Kompot wrote:
By looking on this, looks like a dead case. Most of the players just left SAMP or moved to other servers. WCL atm probably has like maximum 5 people that still play, and from these 5 maybe only 3 come by. All those who show their support on the forums, it's nice and all, but if we don't see you IG, it doesn't help the server.

In any case, this will never be the same.

Yeah, if nobody takes initiative to show up IG, take over faction leaderships and create RP, then there is no point to staying around. I remember the old days when people used to argue over who was power-hungry or not, always wanting to take over leaderless factions.
As I am aware, as long as Owen is hosting the server it stays up, but I don't think it makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Barry
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
Barry

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 4:10 pm

These days I'm IG 1-2 hours and nobody has come yet. So, the activity problem's the biggest problem of the server at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Speaking for myself, I just feel like I am burning time right now. It's been like this for months and there is no point in trying to reverse it. If you're in LS-RP and want to hit me up there, my forum name is Pandillero.

WCL RP was cool as fuck and gonna be missed.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Right, now i've spoken to Owen about the current situation and we kind of came to a conclusion that there is no point of keeping WCL RP up, people are held here by memories of the past and not by some will to actually come and play. I agree, it's kind of hard to let all this go, but if nothing changes and the server will just stay there most of the time 0/20, it's useless. Even the forums these days aren't that active.

So yeh, this will stay up for a month and will close down on the same date like it did last year, and I think this time for sure if nothing changes, but I doubt a lot will change.
Back to top Go down
Trazz
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Trazz

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Your post and your text in signature almost made me cry man... Damn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another try? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another try?   Another try? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another try?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Coast Life Roleplay :: Basket-
Jump to: