West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Metagaming

Go down 
+6
RollingStone
Black
Buhinc
DaParasite
stalkur
Compton/Kollay
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Decided to make this topic because people keep making trouble in-game.

Lately people make their own concept of factions inside the SP one's. It's ok but if you got a gang tag on, means you have to wear their original bandanas no matter what, your tag is a target. Don't go to me like: "Uh but that's MG, OMG Bullshit!" Like it or not, this is a server with [TAG] name, and we do not have a /mak system and a fname_lname format, which allows people to do such MG, that's just how it is and that's what kind of server we are, get used to it. Because of all these new faction concepts people think they can never wear their rag, attack other gangs and stay like: "We didn't have rags on" which leaves the other faction that got attacked the one who did wrong incase they will do a payback? Should they just sit there then and get shot all the time, or do their investigation like police forces on who shot them? This is ridicilous. Not only in RL most of time time, gangs shout out their set name before they attack to let the enemy gang know who puts in work and who got their soldiers down, but they also wear their colours most of the time, that's a fact. Wrong colours get you killed and not representing your's gets you in trouble. Even in SP ryder gives a hint to CJ: "And get yourself some colours foo"

That's how gangs work and there are a lot of documentaries on it, how they shoot up enemy neighbourhoods and sometimes kill the wrong person which was a normal citizen and not a gang member, the citizen got killed because he had the wrong colours and was in the wrong place and at the wrong time. The reason this topic is made, because I have to see crying from both gangs at the same time: "Oh he attacked me, I had no rag", "Oh he metagamed we attacked before but we had helmet on", so what's the point? Let's all sit in our hoods and drink tea if we all never got colours and always wear helemts. This once again isnt a server with all the fancy systems to cover up your names, when we will have that system, go ahead and enjoy your stuff, because nobody will MG it was actually you. In RL people have eyes you know, if they will see your name, they will know it's you.

This isnt SP and this isnt a DM server, so whenever you kill a gangmember, make sure you do it RP'ly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
stalkur
stalkur

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 pm

SP ped RP in-coming for FYB.You guys think me and DP are just raging, but we're not.We're trying to do a sophisticated RP to raise the current RP level on the server and attract new players, but we get criticized and can't do shit.These are the new things you MUST READ when passing thru Idlewood.

1.We're back to SP Balla peds.I see u in my hood, I jack ur car and I kill u, your tag is a target, as said above.All I'll do is do a /me to jack and a /me to shoot him.

2.Yeah, pretty much SP Balla peds, so don't complain, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalker.stalker
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Seeing that making smarter RPs was just denied from us Here's what every FYB member can only do:
Act exactly like a balla ped on GTA SA.Here's the lines you may use depanding on your ped:

All other RPs are discourged seeing being smarter on wcl is unapproved of
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Buhinc

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:16 pm

I totally agree with this, (I guess this is based on FYB/GSF thing..) but the problem is in my opinion, everyone is rping gang like a "mafia" only mafia is faction who is allowed to kill somebody with not wearing colors, or change his clothes to green or something to plant a murder to other faction and so on.. I think those gangs should still represent their colors as compton said, wearing rags, yelling out of cars before drive by... you are gang member proud to represent it not to hide behind other colors and attack somebody Wink
Back to top Go down
Гость

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I experienced this today however I think that at certain moments gangs take off their rags to become "Invisible" to those who search for them.

Example:
Today a police car went under heavy fire from the FYB's - After they attacked GSF. I personally like to keep the full RP and not with: *Describes [name]*. However I was roaming around during that time at Alhambra's and the car who shot at the Police car was heavily damaged at Alhambra's.. Of course abandoned. We started to search the local area and who were there? FYB members. Of course I pull over and ask them questions - I asked them if they were affiliated to any gang according their colors. They answered in an instant: "You don't see colors on me." which is what I thought.. Pretty Unrealistic to what's happening in real life. Gang members are proud to represent their gang and they won't take off their colors whatsoever. I decided to leave them and then everyone started to metagame, the cadets with me started to say: "They're the suspect, I know they did it" and I, myself didn't want to continue the RP with them since it would be MG. I was driving right behind a savanna filled with FYB members and then the cadet next to me suddenly told them to pull over - according to his facts. We ended up having an OOC-discussion about MG. The cadets MG'ed since they pulled them over for it and I, myself got angry by the fact that everyone went OOC. Well, MG is a common mistake here and people have to know which is MG and which isn't however, sometimes it's very confusing, I must admit.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:20 pm

People are ignorant silly donkeys that always want to win and need rule for every thing.

Dapa and Meebo are clearly mad, posting those silly videos, telling they gonna use one /me in-game from now on, which has no sense, we are talking about MG the tags here, not SP peds reactions and how many /me's you should do, actually /me's ammount shouldn't change.

Besides, I suppose both of you are blind when the last line clearly says:
Compton wrote:
This isnt SP and this isnt a DM server, so whenever you kill a gangmember, make sure you do it RP'ly
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Wow so yeah because i think before i attack and because i attack smartly and don't do stuff like a street gang im automatically bad.I tried to raise the level of RP make stuff sophisticated smarter but seeing it bothers everyone because it makes their RP harder it leaves me no choice but to drop my RP to a level of a SP ped. You asked you got
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Keep acting that way, that attitude won't get you far here.
Back to top Go down
Гость

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm

DaParasite wrote:
Wow so yeah because i think before i attack and because i attack smartly and don't do stuff like a street gang im automatically bad.I tried to raise the level of RP make stuff sophisticated smarter but seeing it bothers everyone because it makes their RP harder it leaves me no choice but to drop my RP to a level of a SP ped. You asked you got
I have nothing against the RP I've seen from anyone, everyone RP'ed outstanding! I like to have a variation in my RP's and that's what I get here. However sometimes everyone just MG's, PG's or goes OOC or what I hate the most, Troll.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

WARNING:High level of sarcasm used, read at your own risk. Yeah, we're all silly donkeys because all gangsters IRL are dumb faggots that only drink malt liquor in their hood and do drive byes.Their leaders are also dumb faggots because they only wear their colors for ever, and they don't know to go in-cognito since they're the head of a fucking criminal organization and commited a lot of crimes.Yes, they're so dumb they might even not have a brain.Go ahead and RP wearing a rag and purple clothes and underwear for the rest of your life, get caught by cops, do it again, get killed, then attack again, same old shit.Don't bother adding dynamism to your RP.*Sarasm ends here*
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Meebo wrote:
WARNING:High level of sarcasm used, read at your own risk. Yeah, we're all silly donkeys because all gangsters IRL are dumb faggots that only drink malt liquor in their hood and do drive byes.Their leaders are also dumb faggots because they only wear their colors for ever, and they don't know to go in-cognito since they're the head of a fucking criminal organization and commited a lot of crimes.Yes, they're so dumb they might even not have a brain.Go ahead and RP wearing a rag and purple clothes and underwear for the rest of your life, get caught by cops, do it again, get killed, then attack again, same old shit.Don't bother adding dynamism to your RP.*Sarasm ends here*
Ye, compare RL street gang leaders, which have a 200 men army in a good case, that can lay low and send their soldiers to do work, thats how they stay untouched. Because they lay low and not take off their colours. Do not comapre RL to SAMP, you aint got even 6 members in your gang here, so that means you actually go and do the foot soldier work, when you shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Buhinc

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:31 pm

VictorDunley wrote:
DaParasite wrote:
I have nothing against the RP I've seen from anyone, everyone RP'ed outstanding! I like to have a variation in my RP's and that's what I get here. However sometimes everyone just MG's, PG's or goes OOC or what I hate the most, Troll.
Okay Victor is new on server but his PD rp is much higher than my (in my opinion) at FYB scene it was my order to check them, idk what was going on there I was icly checking car, but I heard for scene when I said they should pull over some cars and check them and so on.. I heard there was thing about my members MGed everything, It was simply my order to check random cars around areas G,IW,EC,GS... FYB rpers are great, and I don't care if I didn't catched them for shooting on me, I was just going on with my RP and there was another example of "MG" from guy in temple, we was chasing dark green Vodoo for about 15 mins, we lost him like 3 times when we spot him 4th time in Temple he just enter in /b and said that was MG ? how can be this MG if you are wanted person and officers are looking for you around all town... damn guys..
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Compton wrote:
Meebo wrote:
Ye, compare RL street gang leaders, which have a 200 men army in a good case, that can lay low and send their soldiers to do work, thats how they stay untouched. Because they lay low and not take off their colours. Do not comapre RL to SAMP, you aint got even 6 members in your gang here, so that means you actually go and do the foot soldier work, when you shouldn't.
FYB in SP have a shitload of gang members.Besides, EVERYTIME I RPed doing an errand / DB I RPed a different character(foot soldier).That's not allowed either.Oh, and I thought this was supposed to be RP(Acting like IRL), so I shouldn't compare an RP server to an IRL condition.Oh, my bad.And you really THINK gang leaders ALWAYS wear colors and stay in a remote place so rival gang members never spot him?Yeah, OK.Even if he sets up foot soldiers to do work for him, rival gang members recognize him and kill him.Cops recognize him by their database they arrest him for premeditated murder and conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
Black
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
Black

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm

People! Relax! Don't turn this situation into a drama.
The origin of this discussion is the MG due the tag system.
I personally think that CPT is right. We can't use masks/helmets and don't expect revenge.
I mean those things are realistic. It has to be used to cover the faces from witnesses and cameras
to avoid police. But the gangs usually know who their attackers are. I mean if [V] is in war with [GSF]
than it's obvious who the attackers are. And if somebody goes to a stranger's block he also
can't excuse himself by telling that he doesn't wear any colors. If you step on my block you get shot
simple as that. And I don't care about you yelling all over the chat that you don't wear any colors.

But it doesn't mean that we all have to drop our RP levels to SP peds.
It's all good. We continue our shit. I be reppin' Idlewood. Don't be steppin' on my block.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Black wrote:
People! Relax! Don't turn this situation into a drama.
The origin of this discussion is the MG due the tag system.
I personally think that CPT is right. We can't use masks/helmets and don't expect revenge.
I mean those things are realistic. It has to be used to cover the faces from witnesses and cameras
to avoid police. But the gangs usually know who their attackers are. I mean if [V] is in war with [GSF]
than it's obvious who the attackers are. And if somebody goes to a stranger's block he also
can't excuse himself by telling that he doesn't wear any colors. If you step on my block you get shot
simple as that. And I don't care about you yelling all over the chat that you don't wear any colors.

But it doesn't mean that we all have to drop our RP levels to SP peds.
It's all good. We continue our shit. I be reppin' Idlewood. Don't be steppin' on my block.

Thank you for actually reading everything and understanding what I am trying to say here, and not through the lines like meebo and dapa.
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
RollingStone

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Well...I tried that SP RP today,its great!! Its easy! Everyone can RP that style and newbies doesnt have to learn that much.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:10 pm

So, you saying we can't take off our colors cause they're stuck to us with a magical glue str8 from the Wonderland.Sure, expecting REVENGE on at attack is GOOD.But you CAN do STUFF to AVOID getting killed.I can take of colors if I fucking want to, I can wear a fucking helmet to cover the face.BESIDES, GSF is at war with all the Balla sets, and some other factions.How the fuck they even know it was FYB since we didn't shout FYB FOR LIFE SHIT YE YE.I know how, MG FYB tag.Besides, we attacked in a black elegant + gloves and helmets, and colors off so they can't distinguish us from other people.I'm very sorry for being SMART and trying to not get killed.It IS necessary to RP a street level ped, cause we can't do smart shit, because we get criticized by others.
1)I can't stop wearing purple cause I'm in a gang even if I get killed, those clothes and rags are just stuck to me, damn!
2)Can't wear helmets in attacks cause they don't fit cause of my rags, shit!
3)Can't grab another car and try to make the enemy harder to identify the targets and actually buy me some time.

If you can't RP smart, then WHY THE FUCK do you organize an attack if you know you'll get killed and cry for it?Don't fucking know.CLothes stick to me like a glue and I can only wear purple.
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend
Micklo

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Well the topic best explains the current situation right now in WCL.Helmets were possibly the best option to cover your face. I personally just stick to  a black bandana which doesn't identify as in any gang, use a different car, and clothing sometimes like the wmydrug skin which is the pedestrian from GTA San Andreas with the Rockstar hood.I even got creative a little and used the black cap knit for a ski-mask, sometimes I use the gimp one too.Hockey masks are good as well. I don't think there's any reason why any one should have a bike helmet personally unless they got a NRG or something. As well, so people don't say "we saw you", and If you killed your targets down, they're PKed. They won't remember shit. I'm getting off topic, but I guess I agree with everything you've mentioned so far Compton.
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
тесhnique

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Meebo wrote:
Even if this is a sarcasm, all what you wrote is totally true, we're not RPing in Baltimore, New Jersey or New York where gangs are much more smarter then in Los Angeles. In Los Angeles gangs live by their color, they're proud of it, they always wear it, If you watched "Ross Kemp on gangs: Los Angeles" there was a Leader of one of the Blood sets, named Bloodhound, he's covering himself sometimes but still wears all the colors, in LA gangs will never stop wearing the colors, that's how it started and that's how it will end, since Los Santos is fully based on Los Angeles and it's culture we should follow it.

Photo of Bloodhound the Bloods shotcaller(The one who's sitting):
Metagaming Bloods2_o

P.S:
Ballas is a gang based on gangs like Crips and Bloods, which are not hiding their colors, Ballas started like that, you need to follow that, otherwise just join one of Organized Crime factions like Dope Peddlers, which are not having a special color, which can not be MGed, that's that.
Back to top Go down
Wh1t3
Wh1t3

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 pm

this is not related to the posts, only techniques.

"Ballas is a gang based on gangs like Crips and Bloods, which are not hiding their colors, Ballas started like that, you need to follow that, otherwise just join one of Organized Crime factions like Dope Peddlers, which are not having a special color, which can not be MGed, that's that."

how come if the ballas did that (in singleplayer or even samp) we have to follow it? we don't follow the rules by SP meaning we can change the name and such of the faction or how the gang acts, meaning we don't have to act like that. true we should rep our factions color but we don't have to do it non stop like how ballas do it, meaning we do not need to follow that. if we needed to follow that or wanted to we would follow everything how ballas did it. but we don't as it's our choice and we can do it as it's being creative. do people maybe tell you how to lead and act in your faction? actually they do because you weren't creative enough and acting like a good leader to make your own concept and such and asked for help from other players.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCampingTree?feature=g-u-u
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
тесhnique

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Whitey wrote:
they do because you weren't creative enough and acting like a good leader to make your own concept and such and asked for help from other players.
I don't have that much admin friends, who allow themselves to hop from gang to gang when one of the friends is asking.
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:13 am

тесhnique wrote:
Meebo wrote:
Even if this is a sarcasm, all what you wrote is totally true, we're not RPing in Baltimore, New Jersey or New York where gangs are much more smarter then in Los Angeles. In Los Angeles gangs live by their color, they're proud of it, they always wear it, If you watched "Ross Kemp on gangs: Los Angeles" there was a Leader of one of the Blood sets, named Bloodhound, he's covering himself sometimes but still wears all the colors, in LA gangs will never stop wearing the colors, that's how it started and that's how it will end, since Los Santos is fully based on Los Angeles and it's culture we should follow it.

Metagaming Bloods2_o

P.S:
Ballas is a gang based on gangs like Crips and Bloods, which are not hiding their colors, Ballas started like that, you need to follow that, otherwise just join one of Organized Crime factions like Dope Peddlers, which are not having a special color, which can not be MGed, that's that.
I am saying it for the last fucking time next one to mention it idk what i'll do to him. I changed the concept of front yard ballas to organized crime. Matter a fact i even changed the name to front yard spades so dont fucking tell me what collors to wear we didnt use rags or the color purple so for the love of god stop saying i was a street gang because i wasn't. I never went attacking without knowing my target/using my gang cars or even letting anyone see my face and even changed my clothes using skin 144 and a helmet to cover myself. Idc who you think you found there's no fucking way you can identify me. I keep saying was since i see this rp upseted most people because it made their rp harder. So i was left with no choice to go like an sp ped. Congratulations not only did you win but you took all the fun I had in my faction's rp. I hope it makes you happy and that you enjoy yourself. May your RP never be ruined like you managed to ruin mine for this I say this as my last post on this thread. So no one bother to reply to this because I won't answer.
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
тесhnique

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 am

DaParasite wrote:
тесhnique wrote:
Meebo wrote:

Metagaming Bloods2_o

P.S:
I am saying it for the last fucking time next one to mention it idk what i'll do to him. I changed the concept of front yard ballas to organized crime. Matter a fact i even changed the name to front yard spades so dont fucking tell me what collors to wear we didnt use rags or the color purple so for the love of god stop saying i was a street gang because i wasn't. I never went attacking without knowing my target/using my gang cars or even letting anyone see my face and even changed my clothes using skin 144 and a helmet to cover myself. Idc who you think you found there's no fucking way you can identify me. I keep saying was since i see this rp upseted most people because it made their rp harder. So i was left with no choice to go like an sp ped. Congratulations not only did you win but you took all the fun I had in my faction's rp. I hope it makes you happy and that you enjoy yourself. May your RP never be ruined like you managed to ruin mine for this I say this as my last post on this thread. So no one bother to reply to this because I won't answer.
Metagaming Crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 am

Don't even get this shit started.That's the truth.You got no ideas so you ask for other players' help.Why you even became a leader if you didn't have no freaking ideas for a faction?And is there a rule saying we can't gang hop?No.And as far as I recall you been hopping from AM to AM everytime you go in-active and rejoin with the same promise:to make it active, yet fail again and again.Everyone has their faults, and this topic turned into insults.But White's right.We don't follow SP storyline, means we don't have to act exactly like Ballas do, means we can change them.Besides, gangs adapt over time, they don't stay the same, because they'd get overwhelmed by the PD and other new gangs.And saying that you can't drop your colors for a period of time because of an OOC tag is fucking stupid.I mean, what's keeping me, as a gangster, to buy civilian clothes before and after an attack to lay low?
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:34 am

I said i won't answer but after seeing your comment i had to respond Tech. Keep going do what you want use all the stupid images you got. There's one thing you can't change: the fact that i'll always be more creative than you. I always think ahead in my rps i plan i keep things alive. That is why even before i was an helper i succeeded in my factions. I always kept things going progressing, you on the other hand can't get creative even if your life depanded on it. So keep hating keep being an ass just because i tell you the truth and mean everything i say have fun with it. I sure am not planning to encounter any rps with you. Matter a fact in my rps you don't exisit since clearly you can't rp with me without having some sort of problem with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metagaming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metagaming   Metagaming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metagaming
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next