West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)

Go down 
+9
Dice.
Buhinc
Compton/Kollay
Loc
*OGM*_2pac
Lowride
Mr.Owl
|:DeezNawtz:|
U.N. Owen
13 posters
AuthorMessage
U.N. Owen
Owner
Owner
U.N. Owen

Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Empty
PostSubject: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 am

7/01/13 EDIT: Thanks to the testers who participated, We were able to find out what was causing the problems and have now fixed them. The update will be installed on the server in the next day or two, We have to apply some other updates first. So this topic is re-opened for public opinion.

The New Death/Knock Out (Cracked) System is now on the server. It'll work like this:

If you are "killed" at any time, Either by hazards or by another player. You will respawn in the same spot that you "died" at, Where you will then be faced with one of two choice's.
1: You can be executed or killed by another player, Where you will have to wait several seconds until you can respawn.
2: If you weren't killed within 3 minutes, You will be allowed to get back up on to your feet and continue playing. You will have low life though so try to stay out trouble and find something to eat or drink.

The server will also not count the first "kill" as it is considered a "Knock Out", The second kill will be displayed on the kill list.

-----------------
This update will guarantee there's no more "accidental deaths", Especially when Melee Brawls are ongoing, So it'll give all players a chance to confront their target before they decide to kill or spare them.
While "Cracked" (or "Down" as it's officially called): You won't be able to do any form of animation, action or command that is physically impossible for an incapacitated and heavily injured player. (So don't expect to be able to use /getup, /shout, Jump, Enter Car, etc)

On the next update, We will include a feature which allows player's who survive being "Knocked Out" the chance to get their weapons back without the need for admin intervention. So please be patient while we develop this feature.

We look forward to any feedback you have regarding this update.
Feel free to post if you have any questions.

~ U.N. Owen ~

Last edited by U.N. Owen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:36 am

Good job Owen. I can't wait til I see this with my own eyes, IGly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTGM5
Mr.Owl
Golden Donator
Golden Donator
Mr.Owl

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:37 am

Great thinking Owen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lowride
Veteran
Veteran
Lowride

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:40 am

Owen nice job man keep it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msh31019
U.N. Owen
Owner
Owner
U.N. Owen

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:47 am

Thanks to the testers who participated, We were able to find out what was causing the problems and have now fixed them. The update will be installed on the server in the next day or two, We have to apply some other updates first. So this topic is re-opened for public opinion.
Back to top Go down
*OGM*_2pac
*OGM*_2pac

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Good Owen. Today - Your free :DDD
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Great Owen WCL Hand
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 pm

This system has been re-added in-game, so if you find any bug report it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Buhinc

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Good job guys, me and Radman already try it, but I must ask how is it for drive bys, I will need to "kill" someone twice to count my kill or something like this ? :S
Back to top Go down
U.N. Owen
Owner
Owner
U.N. Owen

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am

Bull wrote:
Good job guys, me and Radman already try it, but I must ask how is it for drive bys, I will need to "kill" someone twice to count my kill or something like this ? :S
To be honest, If you're doing a drive-by: In role-play terms, You ain't gonna have time to get out and inspect the people you've just shot unless you got a mental disorder/deathwish or something. Just do your damage, And get the heck out of there. If you were doing a drive-by in real life, You wouldn't shoot someone, get out, and shoot him again; no. You'd speed the hell out of there, And i wanna see more of that. Do more Role-play Brawls if "Kills" are your thing.

And you won't get "Kills", You will get "KO's" which is short for Knock Outs. Everytime you down someone, You get a KO point. Everytime you "end" someone when they are down, It's a Kill. On a server like this, You should value KO's more than Kills anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dice.
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Dice.

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 am

Awesome Owen.Good job WCL Hand
Back to top Go down
Wootster
Wootster

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:03 pm

So will count KO as an attack?
Back to top Go down
►Randy◄
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
►Randy◄

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Yes, yes it will...
Back to top Go down
Jiggy
V.I.P
V.I.P
Jiggy

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm

|:DeezNawtz:| wrote:
Good job Owen. I can't wait til I see this with my own eyes, IGly.
Back to top Go down
Bengt™
Hitman
Hitman
Bengt™

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 pm

good job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)   Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cracked/Knock Out System update is now live! (v1.3.30)
Page 1 of 1