West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?

Go down 
+3
Rhyme
DaParasite
LBee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LBee
WCL Player
WCL Player
LBee

Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Empty
PostSubject: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm

IDK HOW TO MAKE POLLS SO I JUST WANT YOU TO +1 OR /SUPPORT OR EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING ON WHY OR WHY NOT YOU WOULD WANT TO HAVE JOBS/ACTIVITIES FOR PLAYERS IN WEST COAST LIFE RPG.

Should it be a job option for citizens in West Coast Life Roleplay? I mean, if you want it for everyone then that's okay. I've been playing on this server since November 2011 and all we do is sit around all day, and wait for a $500 payday. That's the reason why so many people are money farming. It needs to be a better way for people to get money so they can RP'ly buy cars and homes and whatnot. It's making my fingers itch to post this topic, so what do you think? These are the jobs i thought were perfect in mind.

Well Stacked Pizza Co. (Pizza Boy/Delivery Boy) = $20/each delivery.
Ten Green Bottles (Bartender) = $50 Vodka/$30 Beer.
Taxi Driver = Money Limits For Driving From Point A to Point B, $1-$50.
Boxing Matches = $10/each win.

What do you think? Are these good suggestions? Are they bad? Any more suggestions?
Please reply with your own opinion because I really don't want to wait for $500 dollars all the time. It's bugging me man.

WEST UP! WCL Hand
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 pm

-1 it's just annoying
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Boxing Matches, definitely, but ten dollars for a win? Nahh, how about more then that, or it may not even BE necessary. 'Cause people can make wager matches in the boxing arenas, but think of it, ANYWHERE can be a boxing arena, so you know. Pizza boy? How would that work out? Getting called for a pizza that re-fills or may not re-fill health? Hmm, lots of scripting for that one. Nobody really uses a taxi since everyone has a car. Ten Green Bottles would be sorta' useless, 'cause barely anyone RP's going to a bar, and when they do, it's rare. The Pizza boy job and the boxing idea are the only fun ones, the rest, nahh. Pizza boy could be the ONLY useful idea. I DO AGREE THAT WE NEED SOME SORT OF JOBS SO WE DON'T RELY ON PAYDAYS 24/7.
Back to top Go down
M1ST3R M4NG4N0
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
M1ST3R M4NG4N0

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 pm

DaParasite wrote:
-1 it's just annoying

Okay, this is getting out of control but, I must say.
Seriously, Are you retarded?
You would rather sit and wait for hours to get yourself money?
Yes, In real life it would do everyone a favor because you wouldn't have to move your ass.
But, it wouldn't make sense.
It's really boring that you have to sit on your ass for hours to get money.
In real life that's not how things work, you have to work for your money.
For me, I support this suggestion.
I had enough of busting my ass off for 500 lousy bucks, duh...

Last edited by M1ST3R M4NG4N0 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LBee
WCL Player
WCL Player
LBee

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 pm

The pizza boy should have some various scripted routes around LS and should have a time limit, the quicker you make it the better the cash.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Rule, Mangano? There ain't no rule he's suggesting, lol. I agree we need jobs, just these won't do.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm

CED wrote:
The pizza boy should have some various scripted routes around LS and should have a time limit, the quicker you make it the better the cash.

Sorry for DP, but scripted routes and all? It's easier said then done, and that eliminates the whole RP thing when everyone is gonna be doing "Pizza Boy" for cash and no one will RP.
Back to top Go down
M1ST3R M4NG4N0
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
M1ST3R M4NG4N0

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:44 pm

I meant suggestion duh...
Anyways, it's best if we have legal and illegal jobs.

Legal jobs:
Street sweeping, Pizza Stack, Burger shot, Repairing garages, etc...

Illegal jobs:
Burglary, store robbery, some sorta smuggling job at Ocean Docks and so on...
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 pm

This is that type of server that doesn't need that.

The community is small, the factions are mainly - street organizations(In RL noone will give a street thug no job). We had this job system stuff on Aftermath, it just brough more inactivity and more people camp on server for money and not RP'ing, So instead of RP'ing people will be riding around and doing their jobs, then /q, boring server is boring, because as I said our community isnt big like godfather servers, where you worked and can go RP cause there are always players online, here people go online to RP and not to work. If WCL will have atleast 100/100 players per day you talk to me about this.

All those jobs you spoke about CED can be done the same way RP'ly, I did this alot of times like RP'ing in liquor stores or bars and people actually gave me money, 10-15 dollars.

Payday is something that is doing all of us a favour, keeping interest of RP around, not making you drive around to earn money and allowing you to buy stuff at the server.

p.s. Suggestions topic is closed for a reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Compton wrote:
This is that type of server that doesn't need that.

The community is small, the factions are mainly - street organizations(In RL noone will give a street thug no job). We had this job system stuff on Aftermath, it just brough more inactivity and more people camp on server for money and not RP'ing, So instead of RP'ing people will be riding around and doing their jobs, then /q, boring server is boring, because as I said our community isnt big like godfather servers, where you worked and can go RP cause there are always players online, here people go online to RP and not to work. If WCL will have atleast 100/100 players per day you talk to me about this.

All those jobs you spoke about CED can be done the same way RP'ly, I did this alot of times like RP'ing in liquor stores or bars and people actually gave me money, 10-15 dollars.

Payday is something that is doing all of us a favour, keeping interest of RP around, not making you drive around to earn money and allowing you to buy stuff at the server.

Compton went into detail with ALL I was saying, THANK YOU. Payday keeps us RP'ing, if not we'd be fucking doing jobs 24/7 ignoring our RP'ing brothers. Plus, as Compton said, the server is not in the condition to do this, just is not. As said above, ROLEPLAY it. Jobs would allow us to get money another way, but right now we seem good. Why not do jobs for rival gangs or whatever? I ALSO LOVE HOW WE'RE ALL SUGGESTING SHIT AND WE DON'T REALIZE HOW HARD AND HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO DO IT!!!!
Back to top Go down
M1ST3R M4NG4N0
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
M1ST3R M4NG4N0

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 pm

I saw a heavy roleplay server with jobs which had the routes stuff and you had to wait for an IRL hour to do it again, and people didn't roleplay it, so it's whatever..
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:54 pm

M1ST3R M4NG4N0 wrote:
DaParasite wrote:
-1 it's just annoying

Okay, this is getting out of control but, I must say.
Seriously, Are you retarded?
You would rather sit and wait for hours to get yourself money?
Yes, In real life it would do everyone a favor because you wouldn't have to move your ass.
But, it wouldn't make sense.
It's really boring that you have to sit on your ass for hours to get money.
In real life that's not how things work, you have to work for your money.
For me, I support this suggestion.
I had enough of busting my ass off for 500 lousy bucks, duh...

I don't know how you're RPin' but when I RP I do it like a hustle for my hood therefore the 500$ i get is like the boss saying here's a piece of the action to you.
Plus let's be honest if there were jobs on server people will just work and log just like 20 mins before a payday to get enough work's worth pay...
Btw I would be very kind of you not to call someone a retard if he/she has different opinions than you

Last edited by DaParasite on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 pm

We're not that server, Mangano. It's hard to script all of that, and at the small size of the community, it would hurt the roleplay.
Agree with PARASITE.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:00 am

Yes 2nd reason for me it's too hard, yes im a nooby scripter, and so far the only help I get is U.N.Owen and he is busy at the moment, you dont see him online much, Im doing anything I can to make this stuff better, learning new things and such, but all those one hour routes stuff and all those hardcore job systems, I am still too nooby for that, on those other server there isnt one-two scripters, there are more, and more help comes, they share information with eachother and stuff. So yeh adding all I can and trying to look on things real and by this, I see that this one is useless, belive me I wintnessed what happends when this community gets those kind of jobs you talking about, I know it doesn't end good.

And besides that people dont get me motivated into learning new things, I wont script 200-300 lines or more of script for 2 people to be online, be realistic.
Back to top Go down
LBee
WCL Player
WCL Player
LBee

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 am

M1ST3R M4NG4N0 wrote:
I saw a heavy roleplay server with jobs which had the routes stuff and you had to wait for an IRL hour to do it again, and people didn't roleplay it, so it's whatever..

Yeah, do a quick route for quick cash. Then get on with your day with roleplay, simple as that. Even small RP servers have it and they RP even when they're driving or some such
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 am

You guys gotta understand, we're not "another server". We are WCL-RP and right now, jobs can't be scripted, simple as that. I understand you're trying to help the community, Ced, but I don't think it can be done right now, unless Compton or OWEN agree too, don't pressure them.
Back to top Go down
jayke
Post Lover
Post Lover
jayke

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 am

selling drugs is a good rp job. I do it all the time.
Back to top Go down
LBee
WCL Player
WCL Player
LBee

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 am

I respect that, no pressuring, just something that could be added to make it more fun and less killing all the time with other gangs. I know that's why we always have some new player, and it always ends up to the point when the new player leaves due to something missing.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 am

players come and go, im fine with that, I got used and understood that this server will never reach 100 people or even 60-50, so yeh, if someone doesn't like something they are free togo and those are satisfied with the RP here and with all we have and might have in future may stay, I am mostly here for the good old fashioned RP style that I am used todo and for the people that I know and like to RP with.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Rhyme

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am

Yeah, I guess that's how it'll be.
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am

CED wrote:
I respect that, no pressuring, just something that could be added to make it more fun and less killing all the time with other gangs. I know that's why we always have some new player, and it always ends up to the point when the new player leaves due to something missing.
I don't think it's really fun all it will do is kill the gang RP...Also we mainly script for people who actually play not for people who may or may not come. Trying to please people who won't even respect it is useless.
Back to top Go down
Demarco$
Rambo
Rambo
Demarco$

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Compton wrote:

I see your point here , thats why the admins mapped garages ( like the one for MC) and liquor stores or bars , to rolepaly and get moneys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?   Jobs For Players In WCL-RP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jobs For Players In WCL-RP?
Page 1 of 1