West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

New rappers.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig
Known Player
Known Player
Craig

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Well this is a topic about new rappers that make good music. Post videos links etc about them.

No Lil Wayne, Drake or other bullshit in here please!

I personally like this new artist called Tijon. HEre's some of his songs I enjoy very much.

His other songs are on his channel, check it out.(his channel is the same where the prementioned videos are from)
Back to top Go down
quixxx
Banned Player
Banned Player

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Back to top Go down
quixxx
Banned Player
Banned Player

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 am

Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:50 am

I'll just try to post a load of new-age movement rappers along with their best project (album or mixtape) and give one video to present them. No order.

Kendrick Lamar
Section 80

Big K.R.I.T
KRIT Wuz Here ; Return of 4eva

Action Bronson
Dr. Lecter

Danny Brown
XXX

Tyler, The Creator
Bastard ; Goblin

J Cole
Cole World: The Sideline Story

ASAP Rocky
Live Love ASAP

Spaceghostpurrp
Blackland Radio 66.6

Lil B
I'm Gay (I'm Happy)

Mellowhype
Blackenedwhite

Jay Electronica
-

Roc Marciano
Marcberg

Shaz Illyork
Air Unlimited

Meyhem Lauren
Self Induced Illness

Young L
Domo-Kun

Yelawolf
Trunk Muzik 0-60

Mac Miller
K.I.D.S

Meek Mill
Dreamchasers

Big Sean
Finally Famous

Blu
Below The Heavens

Childish Gambino
Camp

Earl Sweatshirt
EARL

Domo Genesis
Rolling Papers

Smoke DZA
Rolling Stoned

Stalley
Lincoln Way Nights

Wale
100 Miles & Running

Curren$y
Pilot Talk

Jay Rock
Follow Me Home

Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire
Lost In Translation

Das Racist
Shut Up, Dude

SHAD
TSOL

Has Lo
In Case I Don't Make It

Theophilus London
Timez Are Weird These Days

Kid Cudi
Man On The Moon

Maffew Ragazino
Rhyme Pays

Freddie Gibbs
Cold Day In Hell

Dom Kennedy
Future Street/Drug Sounds ; From the Westside, With Love II

Fashawn
Boy Meets World

Machine Gun Kelly
Lace Up

Waka Flocka Flame
Flockaveli

Rockie Fresh
The Otherside

Vado
Gunz n' Butta

Charles Hamilton
Pink Lavalamp

Trouble
December 17th

Kid Ink
Wheels Up

The Doppelgangaz
Lone Sharks

Casey Veggies
Sleeping In Class

Also, Drake is not "bullshit". If you can't hear how sonically good Take Care is and how good Drake and 40 flow together as a singer-rapper and producer - you're deaf. He made his own lane and is pushing boundaries, experimenting and changing the sound of rap. The critics are liking it and the fans are buying it, which means he does a good job overall. He's bringing something new and unique to the table, unlike many of those throwback 90s rappers.

Last edited by Rick on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quixxx
Banned Player
Banned Player

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 am

Are you fucking serious Rick? The F**k is that? Lil B? He admit that hes gay, read worldstarhiphop. Damn, plus hes a troll and got worst "lyrics" ever.
LIL B - Like a Martian
"No i aint no B***h! "
One minute later.
"I'm suckin on taht shii', cuz im a pretty B***h!"
The F**k is that?
Plus you forgot that one.
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 am

He never said he is gay. He just called his album that particular way so he can get publicity and attract some type of controversy. It obviously works since from fifty rappers you mentioned first and only him. That album was much more lyrical based on his other stuff. The fun tracks he does are bad, but they're made for fun, not to be taken seriously. Also he has a strong work ethic, always releasing new material - be it songs, videos, mixtapes or albums.
Back to top Go down
Craig
Known Player
Known Player
Craig

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Exactly what's wrong with our society. At first it was meant for fun. Then it goes popular since everyone is listening to it "for fun". And at the end of the day rap is changed to some bullshit I don't even recognize anymore. And please don't say rap is evolving cause it isn't, it's obviously degenerating. Just cause they earn money doesn'y mean they should be respected goddamn it!
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 pm

False logic. Rap music was created for entertainment, mainly for this "fun". Not all music is meant to be some some hard social-political overly emotional poetry laid on an orchestra type of a beat. There were always serious and fun sides to rap, since it was created. When the culture launched it was a fun thing to go to your block party, listen to the DJ scratch some soul/funk/breakbeat vinyls and listen to MCs occasionally showcase their rhyming ability. With that, people started dancing and the break-dancing went hand to hand with the music. So nobody in this topic should dare to go with the route of 'Hip-Hop should be taken extremely serious'. Also this is the moment that I should mention how the guy from your avatar, 2Pac's most successful singles were those that were fun-party oriented. I'm talking about California Love, How Do U Want It and I Get Around. Same for Biggie's Big Poppa, One More Chance, Hypnotize and Mo Money Mo Problems. The Lil B song I posted was a serious one, he has a balance of fun and serious songs, just like Biggie and 2Pac had. Rap music isn't degenerating - compared to the last two decades, we now have much more variety in the genre. We have so much flavors and genre expanding unlike for example the mid 90s, where you had only Jazz, Boom Bap, G-Funk, Gangster, South and the Shiny Suit. Lyricism no doubt progressed major and is on another level. When for example I play a late 80s song, I feel like the lyrics are too simplistic, almost kindergarten level at times. The production is obviously better than the past years, since it keeps progressing naturally with years. You have people breaking the boundaries and stereotypes all the time, pretty much like how people like Kanye West, Kid Cudi and Lupe Fiasco helped in killing off Gangsta Rap. The only area where rap music is degenerating is mainstream wise, which doesn't matter for me, since I surf for music and don't depend on radios or televisions for it. I posted a load of new rappers filled with variety, good instrumentals and good or decent lyrics (not all, okay). You just sound like a 6-year ago version of myself that dissed and complained about everything new and listened only to underground or old school rap. It's a phase, you'll get over it. This 'rap is becoming bad' blah-blah talk dates back from around the 80s when people dissed NWA for their explicit and vulgar lyrics, backed usually by a negative message. Fast forward over 20 years from then, they have one classic album and are legends.
Back to top Go down
Craig
Known Player
Known Player
Craig

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Rap may have been made for fun, but didn't you see the quotation marks I added? That isn't fun these rappers nowadays are making, they are just creating something way different from rap, bullshit I might say. That just isn't rap what they are doing in my opinoin.
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 pm

What rappers nowadays. Give examples and such. Maybe it goes against the culture of Hip-Hop and what it stands for, but it's Rap anyhow.
Back to top Go down
quixxx
Banned Player
Banned Player

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Well, they claim it as "Rap" but it isn't rap.
RAP is BIGGIE SMALLS, and such rappers. Not Lil B'-.. Ishould say Lil B***h.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New rappers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rappers.   New rappers. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rappers.
Page 1 of 1