West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

different /me colour

Go down 
+4
DoughBoy
Keelo
Yepperson
nightmare
8 posters

Current color or purple
Current
different /me colour Vote_lcap10%different /me colour Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Purple
different /me colour Vote_lcap40%different /me colour Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Don't care
different /me colour Vote_lcap10%different /me colour Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Add it as a user option
different /me colour Vote_lcap40%different /me colour Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
nightmare
Senior
Senior

different /me colour Empty
PostSubject: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 pm

use the purple /me & /do colour that every decent rp server uses, this one looks nooby af
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Perhaps rushed to a conclusion too fast.

/reopened and a poll has been added
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Yeah, I vote for purple /me & /do
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Just to clarify the fourth option: /me's and /do's will appear in the color that you choose; cyan or purple. This satisfies both camps.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 5:39 pm

What difference does it make for RP?

Also, we are unique in our own way.

Back to top Go down
http://www.stalker.stalker
nightmare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:30 pm

stalkur wrote:
What difference does it make for RP?

It looks better and it's more convenient for players since anyone who roleplays regularly is used to purple /me's and /do's.

Also, most screenshot editing tools specifically for SAMP or guides for other tools revolve around the common colours for the chat so, personally speaking, if I want to post screenshots, I'm forced to either crop the chat on the pics which looks like shit or put in extra effort to make proper editing work using the common colours which makes them look awkward, imo.

>unique

LOL, let this argument die, please, it's been used way too much. Just because something is 'unique' doesn't mean it's good.

Anyway, I'll vote for purple since I think that ought to be the default but having the option to choose the colour yourself seems to have no downsides, even if it is a bit unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:43 pm

So you're saying a color that affects your RP in no other way is bad? ok m80. It's like you can't RP with a cyan /me like you used to before. jeez these bandwagonners
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Well, thanks for completely ignoring everything I said.

Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:17 pm

nightmare wrote:
It looks better and it's more convenient for players since anyone who roleplays regularly is used to purple /me's and /do's.

Also, most screenshot editing tools specifically for SAMP or guides for other tools revolve around the common colours for the chat so, personally speaking, if I want to post screenshots, I'm forced to either crop the chat on the pics which looks like shit or put in extra effort to make proper editing work using the common colours which makes them look awkward, imo.

I come to dislike the purple color because its frequency; it's used everywhere. However, I do find this a very valid argument. The cyan color used on the server isn't explicitly mentioned anywhere making it initially harder for screenshot editors to adapt *.

*: Though, You could just use the eyedropper tool to get the cyan color.

Anyway, the user option is going to be implemented nevertheless. It's just a matter of what the default color will be.

Last edited by Yepperson on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran
DoughBoy

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:18 pm

@nightmare
ring the bell, photoshop school's in, sucka
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 pm

nightmare wrote:
use the purple /me & /do colour that every decent rp server uses, this one looks nooby af

y u have a short memory span m80. watch it there so u dont forget ur suggestion

here, u said it looks nooby/bad

For point 2, u can dl photoshop and use that coloring tool(which takes no effort at all) like doughyboy said instead of sticking to MS Paint

EDIT: Basically, if u don't want to put in effort for ur thread / screens to highlight your RP, then what the fuck is the point of taking screens, if ure gonna use ms paint and make them look shitty anyways lol
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:56 pm

I like the current color it has been on for years and honestly first time i hear complaints about it.
Nevertheless, if it's a simple add to give people another color to choose from why not have both?
Back to top Go down
gundus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:36 pm

let us choose, the cyan hurts my eyes, maybe even give more options idk if jeff can script it but maybe we can put in our own http://gtasaobjects.blogspot.hr/p/gta-samp-rgb-colors-list.html color and the emotes show in that color? that'd be cool and actually unique in a good way imo
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
Yepperson

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 pm

gundus wrote:
let us choose, the cyan hurts my eyes, maybe even give more options idk if jeff can script it but maybe we can put in our own http://gtasaobjects.blogspot.hr/p/gta-samp-rgb-colors-list.html color and the emotes show in that color? that'd be cool and actually unique in a good way imo

I implemented it so you can choose your own color, but only limited it to cyan and purple in the settings menu.
Back to top Go down
gundus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:01 pm

stalkur wrote:

EDIT: Basically, if u don't want to put in effort for ur thread / screens to highlight your RP, then what the fuck is the point of taking screens

Well, you're answering your own questions so it seems to me like you're the expert, Mark.

I take pictures to showcase roleplay, there's no point in spending more time editing them than roleplaying on the server. I said I have to put in extra effort to make the tool I use to edit them work for WCL, so again, read what you reply to.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:21 pm

i didnt answer shit. using eyedrop in ps takes 1 minute, that's not spending more time editing than u are rping, unless ure here to troll like i've seen countless times, u might as well hop off to those rp servers that last more than a day, with them fancy pro rper colors u and ur friend gundus dream of

Last edited by stalkur on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wh1t3
Wh1t3

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:21 pm

It's a few minutes of extra work, don't be a bitch.

Players will choose which color they want their /me's and /do's to be in, topic locked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCampingTree?feature=g-u-u
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different /me colour   different /me colour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

different /me colour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Coast Life Roleplay :: Out of Character Section :: Suggestions-
Jump to: