HomeFAQPortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Why not...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Why not open the suggestions section again? Before you say no, think about it;
1- Not all suggestions need much scripting knowledge and time to be added into the game.
2- Some suggestions don't need scripting at all.
3- Even something that needs a lot of scripting knowledge and can't be done by any scripter of this community can be useful. For example, it can inspire you to make something similar to it that's easy to be made.
4- People post their suggestion topics on General Discussion anyway, so why not open the suggestions section? Like it is now, it's messed up. If suggestion section wasn't closed, the forum would be... more tidy.

I, also, had two ideas that could be taken into account;
The first idea is scripting a command such as "/attachweapon", when you type that command, the weapon you're holding would be automatically attached on your left or right leg (if handgun) or on your back or chest. (if large weapon) You would still be able to use your weapon when it's attached on you. It would be useful, especially for law enforcement factions. Not sure if anyone from here can script this, it's possible though (As I've seen it in many servers).

And my second suggestion is to reduce the price of backpacks or make them free, just add them to the /puton thing. Another idea would be saving your backpack after you leave, so that you would lose it ONLY if you die. It's dumb when you crash and lose your backpack, even more when you NEED a backpack to RP having one. Why should you be forced to BUY something EXPENSIVE, that you will lose if you die or crash, in order to RP something? Doesn't really make sense.

Hi, by the way. Haven't posted anything on forums for a kind of long time.

Inb4 mean comments saying that I'm banned and don't know what's going on in the server; The fact I'm banned doesn't mean I don't know anything about what's going on the server at the moment, mostly because I'm still in touch with the players of this community. Besides, I haven't been away for years, so yeah, I still have an idea of what happens on the server. And afterall, I already had this suggestion in mind and I would've suggested it a long time before, just never felt like making a topic about it.
Well, now that I made the topic.... /discuss
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 989
Age : 22
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Wait, so you're banned and for some reason want to suggest things for a server you can't play :S
Back to top Go down
.
Gangsta
Gangsta


Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:21 pm

He'll be able to play soon.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Koolay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
avatar

Posts : 3333
Location : Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:23 pm

I smell ban evading

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
#wclmarcus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 991
Age : 19
Location : Right behind you sir!

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:24 pm

i like ur idea, suggestions are also good, put backpack in /hobjects also for attach weapons u can use mod, but i'm sure it can be done, I saw it on other servers, im sure compton has time to look at this. i didnt know that u are banned, see thats loyality for server.. im still supporting no matter what.
Back to top Go down
.
Gangsta
Gangsta


Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:26 pm

And yeah, good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Saucedo
Senior
Senior
avatar

Posts : 564
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:30 pm

Why not?....because No....just No..
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:30 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Wait, so you're banned and for some reason want to suggest things for a server you can't play :S

Obviously, I'm not permabanned so I'll play again sometime. I want to suggest things because I believe that they would make the server better, you simply don't forget everything about a server because you're banned on it, WCL is still a community I had lots of fun on. Your comment seems incredibly selfish to me :S. (I mean, if it was written by a banned player)

And ban evading? What? How making a suggestion topic makes me automatically a ban evader?
Besides, if I would ban evade, why on the world would I use the same forum account? And as I'm not permabanned, why would I risk getting permabanned? You know, ban evading in  a community like WCL's isn't easy, because everybody knows each other and if not everyone then at least some of the other players would recognize you.

-----

And, yeah, I'm well aware that there's a mod that you can use to attach your weapons on you. But it's not nice when nobody else can see them, I see no difference on having that mod or not as only you will be able to see it. And I think that that mod automatically attaches every weapon on you, wouldn't be nice to have all the weapons on you. Especially if you're a cop, you would probably look like RoboCop, lol.


Last edited by Nightmare on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 989
Age : 22
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Nightmare wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Wait, so you're banned and for some reason want to suggest things for a server you can't play :S

Obviously, I'm not permabanned so I'll play again sometime. I want to suggest things because I believe that they would make the server better, you simply don't forget everything about a server because you're banned on it, WCL is still a community I had lots of fun on. Your comment seems incredibly selfish to me :S. (I mean, if it was written by a banned player)
I've been in this community for around 5 years and if I got perm banned why should I care about improvements that could be made in the server? The Community would know what needs to be improved, they don't need some cunt who is banned to tell them what needs to be improve this comes off as really arrogant.
Back to top Go down
.
Gangsta
Gangsta


Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:42 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Wait, so you're banned and for some reason want to suggest things for a server you can't play :S

Obviously, I'm not permabanned so I'll play again sometime. I want to suggest things because I believe that they would make the server better, you simply don't forget everything about a server because you're banned on it, WCL is still a community I had lots of fun on. Your comment seems incredibly selfish to me :S. (I mean, if it was written by a banned player)
I've been in this community for around 5 years and if I got perm banned why should I care about improvements that could be made in the server? The Community would know what needs to be improved, they don't need some cunt who is banned to tell them what needs to be improve this comes off as really arrogant.
You come in-game once in a year so does it really matter for how long you've been in the community?
And anyway, he's only trying to improve the server somehow..
Back to top Go down
#wclmarcus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 991
Age : 19
Location : Right behind you sir!

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:46 pm

robocop yeah, xd, anyway I hope this gets added, you should suggest more honestly xd.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:46 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:

I've been in this community for around 5 years and if I got perm banned why should I care about improvements that could be made in the server? The Community would know what needs to be improved, they don't need some cunt who is banned to tell them what needs to be improve this comes off as really arrogant.

I've spoken with a lot of players from this community that agree with this suggestion. As I said, I would've suggested this a long time ago, before I got banned, but I just didn't find the time to actually make a topic about it. I don't see what's wrong with suggesting something, I'm aware that nothing has changed as if something was changed, it would be announced on forums. I wanted to suggest that idea about the backpack before I got banned, but I didn't really find the time and then while I was banned, I wasn't playing on my PC much so I was playing games when I was on my PC instead of browsing different forums. The /attachweapon thing just came to my mind from the old server I was playing on, I thought about it and said why not write it in my topic, too. Also, about the suggestions section, you don't have to be playing on the server to suggest something that is related to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
avatar

Posts : 612

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 pm

We have a good scripter, Bull. Compton has an average knowledge about scripting.
My scripting is improving and I can take challenges.

Scripting isn't the main problem here.
Bull is working on quite a lot of scripts lately and he still has to find time to get on the server.
I am working on some small scripts and Compton is helping us where possible.
We all have to find time to get in game and watch over the players.

Time is necessarily needed and it will support us if the community is patient.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Bible wrote:
-

Indeed, I never disagreed with that.
I just made some suggestions for the server and one suggestion to open the suggestions section, no matter if you aren't going to add any suggestion into the game any time soon, the suggestions section can still be a good place to get inspiration for new scripts and such. Also, a good place for the community to express its feelings for a new script (if something in it needs to be changed). It's better than making topics in General Discussion for suggestions, imo.
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
avatar

Posts : 612

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Nightmare wrote:
-

You don't need to feel obliged to post your suggestion in the general discussion if the suggestion section is locked.
There's a reason why the section is locked, because it gets spammed if it's open.

You can also PM the scripters via the wonderful PM system that the forum provides.
Back to top Go down
LukeEV
Known Player
Known Player
avatar

Posts : 111
Age : 23
Location : My own mansion.

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:59 pm

I don't see the need for having to open the suggestion section again - when we already have scripters working on newer scripts for the server, just bring the ideas to the scripters instead of having to spam the Suggestions section - some Suggestions aren't even serious and are only taken as a joke.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Bible wrote:
-

Υοu've got a point, but still, suggestions don't get so spammed, honestly. I mean, it would be better if there was a rule saying that whoever posts in a suggestion topic without having something useful to say then he should be forum warned or even forum banned. Or whoever posts a suggestion that was already suggested and denied without having a proper reason to do so will get his suggestion automatically denied. (You can easily scroll through the suggestions forum and see what's suggested and what's not)
Also, in suggestion topics, players can say if they support the suggestion or not and what's their reason to support or not. Something that doesn't happen in the PMs. If the administrators do a good job moderating the suggestions section, then I don't see anything wrong with it being open. (As the only disadvantage is that it will get spammed)

And, honestly, even if a lot of people have posted in a suggestion topic, you can just see the main post of the thread and it's all done, no need to read anything else if you don't want to.


Last edited by Nightmare on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 989
Age : 22
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Nightmare wrote:
I've spoken with a lot of players from this community that agree with this suggestion. As I said, I would've suggested this a long time ago, before I got banned, but I just didn't find the time to actually make a topic about it. I don't see what's wrong with suggesting something, I'm aware that nothing has changed as if something was changed, it would be announced on forums. I wanted to suggest that idea about the backpack before I got banned, but I didn't really find the time and then while I was banned, I wasn't playing on my PC much so I was playing games when I was on my PC instead of browsing different forums. The /attachweapon thing just came to my mind from the old server I was playing on, I thought about it and said why not write it in my topic, too. Also, about the suggestions section, you don't have to be playing on the server to suggest something that is related to the forum.
The certain time comment had nothing to do with suggesting things, that was a response to you calling me selfish  Laughing . I just think it's weird somebody who is banned to be suggesting what should be in or out of the server. Suggestions section being locked is a blessing in disguise anyway, it's usually just a bunch of technique like users suggesting loads of shit and it never gets responded to so in response they make a rant thread about how the server hasn't changed .etc.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Eh guys suggestion topic will be spammed with arms dealer factions, I have in mind future scripts like totally rescripted damage in body parts + effects, drug system, MDC system with saving system for PD would be amazing feature and so on, but to be honest I can make scripts one by one I can't be in rush, and no suggestion topic should be closed to avoid spam.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
-

I didn't actually call you selfish, I said that your comment would seem selfish to me if it was written by a banned player. (Maybe I wrote it in a way that made you understand something else)

And, as I said, if that section is moderated properly then nobody would make that type of topics.
So, from what I've read the only disadvantage is that there are a lot of topics saying that no changes has been made? Not really a problem, imo.
Besides, people who make that kind of topics tend to create topics about that in other forum sections, so it really has nothing to do with the suggestions section.


And, Bull, forum moderators can do as I said; not allow people make topics for suggestions that were already suggested and denied. And I haven't really seen any faction getting added just because someone suggested it, most of the factions get added because someone donated for them. So I don't see why someone would make an arms dealer suggestion, it has been suggested a lot of times and denied. If strict rules are made for that section and the mods enforce the rules to the players correctly, then there are no disadvantages.


Last edited by Nightmare on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yepperson
Server Developer
Server Developer
avatar

Posts : 612

PostSubject: Re: Why not...   Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Nightmare wrote:
OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
-

I didn't actually call you selfish, I said that your comment would seem selfish to me if it was written by a banned player. (Maybe I wrote it in a way that made you understand something else)

And, as I said, if that section is moderated properly then nobody would make that type of topics.
So, from what I've read the only disadvantage is that there are a lot of topics saying that no changes has been made? Not really a problem, imo.
Besides, people who make that kind of topics tend to create topics about that in other forum sections, so it really has nothing to do with the suggestions section.

That is basically what you are doing now.
Your topic has nothing to do with General Discussion and is posted in the wrong section. Wink

Your answer was given:
The suggestion section remains closed till Compton or the scripters decide to reopen it.

-This topic was moved on 2th of may 2014 to Suggestions-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why not...   

Back to top Go down
 
Why not...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Coast Life Roleplay :: Out of Character Section :: Suggestions :: Accepted Suggestions-
Jump to: