West Coast Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Uniting sets

Go down 
+19
Loc
Micklo
OLD_SCHOOL
DaParasite
Slick
DoughBoy
Jiggy
Buhinc
stalkur
nightmare
Tax
Smokey
Wh1t3
.::Lil_Jamal::.
Yepperson
Tuck
ThaBomb
Compton/Kollay
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran
DoughBoy

Uniting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Agreed with the idea.
But the concept and the leader really REALLY needs to be someone with exceptional ideas.

Take Micklo and Golden Palms and ESGV, or me and Frosties. Americanized Mexican street gang, no boring VLA anymore. What's so interesting in same old same old Grove Street for example, huh? NOTHING.
I say screw it, man, regular storyline is getting boring.

I was there in Ballas when they were united, being led by Meebo and Smokey and we were active and had a blast RP, even though I was a beginner back then.

Bring 'em united sets and new ideas!
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm on the fence on this one, as I have always been.

Those two guys who will potentially rule the two united sets have to be completely dedicated to it, because they are now going to have to handle with:

More members.
More OOC responsabilities, such as handling the forum thread.
Having to come up with a new faction concept.
Having to come up with ideas to roleplay for not 4-5 members, but 15+ members.
(Ideally, people should be able to create their own roleplay but that's kinda hard for most.)

Plus the whole thing of changing the skin selection and spawns.

It's the stress of being a leader times three. Obviously the leader would have 2-3 "right hands" who would function like a faction leader of each area, but it's still very hard to pull this off sucessfully in my opinion. Not impossible.

But the sort of things we have been doing, like eliminating special characters makes me think: "What the heck?" If we already leaving the most of the single player stuff behind, why not go balls to the wall? People who like SP still get to roleplay being part of a Families / Ballas set, and people who want new things get to roleplay in a new turf under a new name and other things.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Slick wrote:
I'm on the fence on this one, as I have always been.

Those two guys who will potentially rule the two united sets have to be completely dedicated to it, because they are now going to have to handle with:

More members.
More OOC responsabilities, such as handling the forum thread.
Having to come up with a new faction concept.
Having to come up with ideas to roleplay for not 4-5 members, but 15+ members.
(Ideally, people should be able to create their own roleplay but that's kinda hard for most.)

Plus the whole thing of changing the skin selection and spawns.

It's the stress of being a leader times three. Obviously the leader would have 2-3 "right hands" who would function like a faction leader of each area, but it's still very hard to pull this off sucessfully in my opinion. Not impossible.

But the sort of things we have been doing, like eliminating special characters makes me think: "What the heck?" If we already leaving the most of the single player stuff behind, why not go balls to the wall? People who like SP still get to roleplay being part of a Families / Ballas set, and people who want new things get to roleplay in a new turf under a new name and other things.

Welcome to SAMP

Why do you confuse things though? Think of it as you are currently leading Vagos which is one big gang that is not devided into sets. Is it hard? I don't think it's that hard lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/18Compton
Slick
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:18 pm

It might not be as hard as I am saying, but the Vagos have been what they are in most servers since the start of SAMP, a gang with a big turf. Everyone is used to that.

Most of the turf we have isn't used regularly anyway, such as Las Colinas or East Beach, we always crowd around the spawn in Los Flores or East Los Santos.

Maybe this can go smoothly, with the OGF and the Ballas becoming two active armies.

What's left to know is where will each gang crowd? One day in Seville, one in Temple one in Ganton? Around the spawn? (Wherever it will be)

As an answer to that, I am predicting most districts will become dead, but one or two will be filled with activity. I doubt people will resist the urge to gather up as a 5-10 people army, everytime their [OGF] or [B] soldiers are around.

Just my two cents, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
DaParasite

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Big support
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Kompot wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is VIP for OLD_SCHOOL because he always posts, so ill post for him, so he wont have to do it:  Laughing 
 Laughing , Nah not this time. I actually agree with uniting the sets, I think it will create drama and shit and people will start moaning after the honeymoon period is over but I think basing this on the activity of the server then it's probably for the best. Aslong as the right leaders are in charge of both factions which is vital in how this plays out. Just don't switch after 2 weeks when people start bitching and moaning.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Kompot wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is VIP for OLD_SCHOOL because he always posts, so ill post for him, so he wont have to do it:  Laughing 
 Laughing , Nah not this time. I actually agree with uniting the sets, I think it will create drama and shit and people will start moaning after the honeymoon period is over but I think basing this on the activity of the server then it's probably for the best. Aslong as the right leaders are in charge of both factions which is vital in how this plays out. Just don't switch after 2 weeks when people start bitching and moaning.

Wise words, and that's what always brought us back.
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
OLD_SCHOOL

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 pm

The Leaders are key though, don't put some cunt in charge because he's a great RPer and everyone loves him. Look for the long term solution rather than the short term.
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend
Micklo

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:17 pm

This is great. I don't know why donated factions wouldn't consider this because of Lanza Families, Verona Families, Temple Ballas. I'm not sure why they connect their names to Families and Ballas If they later and yes they separate themselves to be original. That they have a better concept. Which in fact, all of these are just the same thing as Front Yard and Grove Street but with a different spawn. Why wouldn't you wanna be more bigger and have more active members online? I was once apart of the [OGF] thing and it was decent. I roleplayed with people from GSF, SBF, and TDF. Made new friends and shit. The Families and the Ballas were so much bigger than most of the other sets which is good. There was a balance of Blacks and Latinos being active. With all that empty hood can do the server good. With a lot of members you can even expand into crews! Crews, people! Individual groups of gang members controlling an area. You can be a leader of a small group, give orders, and take control. Make a name for yourself in the streets of Los Santos. Make more money. Be more powerful together as a united set. This is a perfect idea for inactive factions. It doesn't even matter what hood either gang spawns in. Still no disrespect to anyone who's paid their money for a faction to be scripted. It's just that there's no point to donate for something that relates to the concept of single player If they're willing not to co-op with others.As it's been mentioned you can change the ideas and concepts of the united sets which is pretty awesome. If I was a crip or  blood kind of guy I'd put more references to that in a Balla set. Or take ideas from GTA 5 which isn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Loc

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:28 pm

I gotta say y'all gave out your points, agreed with them. I hope this time things will be more cool.
Waiting for the major change now.
Back to top Go down
Juggalo
Known Player
Known Player
Juggalo

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Well..whatever.
Back to top Go down
Pacukas
Gangsta
Gangsta
Pacukas

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:41 pm

I`m for this, I mean it has its + and - ,but it will help the gang activity better.
Back to top Go down
stalkur
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:41 pm

If we still go for this, I actually say that we give all the gangs chances to expand.For example, there are some turfs that we don't really use.Like, VLA is close to the docks area just across the train tracks, so they can go expand there.Also OGF / Ballas get to expand wherever the leader takes them, which increases the RP.Two factions can war over an empty turf(Yeah, empty, neutral turf), so the cross-faction RP is amplified.Just a suggestion though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalker.stalker
Dice.
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
Dice.

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes it will be nice and gangs will be more active.Do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 pm

There isn't a real faction if there isn't a real leader. People take control of factions and then put forward zero creativity and dedication. You see the same topics, the same ranks, the same role play and no effort. And all of this usually lasts for a week. Proof is how everybody picking up the Slayermen MC reuses the old topic and story which two guys made for themselves a long time ago. People like that don't need to be leaders of anything.

It's all cool if they want to take some skins and role play for a week, but they shouldn't bother the administration with the whole accepting, promising of activity and setting the forums up. The real factions are those who have a member base which sticks together, creates something unique, supports the server with role play and leaves an impact on the community. Solid factions like these need to stay and get all the perks they need.

How successful a faction is depends on the leader, the members and the role play they create for each other. The name, colors, turfs, cars, tags, concept, script and skins don't matter at all.

The "flavor of the month" factions which never served a purpose to the server aren't needed. If a leader wants to take his concept to the big league, he can do it by showing effort and dedication. Every faction I joined, I made sure it has a good leader first before even considering it. You either have to know how to have fun with role play, or you have to understand the concept behind leading. Most people lack both.

I really wanted to join one of those white gangs that popped last month, but the people in them can't support themselves, let alone members like me. I'm all for removing those factions which never accomplished anything. I'm all for not letting unqualified copy-cat gang-hoppers full with excuses lead any gangs.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
Compton/Kollay

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Thank you for the shared opinions folks. I suppose some of these post can help and motivate players for future RP's and for these new changes.

The Update is added already, and I hope this was the last time I rescripted factions globaly.

https://west-life.forummo.com/t7701-united-sets-update
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniting sets   Uniting sets - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uniting sets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2