SA-MP roleplay server mainly focused on gangs in San Andreas
 
HomeFAQPortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Discussion - Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 am

I didn't know in which section to post that in so as usual I just put it in the spam section XD

So, I want to share my opinions about some rules of the server with y'all. I didn't make this to make Cpt change the rules or smth. I just want to share my opinions and I want to have a nice discussion about it with all of u. (I just have nothing better to do right now :/ lol)

So, first of all I hate, even though I've done it myself many times (not proud of it), cryers that starts /b'itching after they die in a shootout. And by that I mean about Rambo rule.
My question is; how is it rambo when someone runs to take cover somewhere else while shooting? Rambo is when running around in circles like a retarded while shooting. Running somewhere while shooting when you have a Colt isn't Rambo. Here's an example of what i mean;



Skip to 3:26 for the shootout.

And then another question is; Is it rambo to rush forward? Well, Hell no. It's possible IRL. in RL shootouts you don't just take cover behind a wall and shoot a bullet once in 1 hour until someone get hit. I know that most people in the server don't know how actually a shootout is IRL cuz Im pretty sure that nobody of us experienced a shootout. But trust me, my dad took me to the police academy many times where trained guys showed to the cadets how ppl should act in a shootout to shoot down the enemy. Anyways, I don't think I want to say smth more about this.

The next thing and probly last i want to talk about is; [TAG] rule n' people's unrealistic behavior

About TAGs ill only say dat;
[TAG] reveals your gang affiliations not your face. You don't know who I am you just know in which gang I belong to. You shouldn't MG using [TAG] rule as an excuse...
By the way, people, When you get PKed in Drive-by you're still getting PKed, don't RP staying alive and saying shits like "Shit they shot us, doe', we'll kill 'em"

Smth else is that people cant use guns properly... everyone knows this shit so ill just give some examples.

Ex. Rival gangmember's in my turf, i walked to him and ask him for gang affiliations while showing mine. Then threw up some gangsigns at him. So I moved a bit closer and told him to leave or  i'd beat him up. And what he does? Just pulls out a gun and kills me in the middle of the street, in the morning where IRL in 2013 the streets are full of ppl... and dat shit when u walk into a rival gangturf and u get shot down in the first second u enter the hood... like in 2013 ppl cant walk in gangturfs without getting shot... i mean aight if u have rival gang affiliations u r risking ur life by entering the hood but still, just pulling a gun and kill the other guy? noooo...

ill give u some RL examples which I actually saw in some documentaries..
Exampe1. 1 Crip member is in Blood set's gangturf, some blood members walks towards him. The crip throws up gangsigns, so the bloods do, too. After some seconds the crip lifts up his shirt, revealing his firearm. The bloods then takes out their weapons and readies them. The crip does the same and then the shootout starts. But! The crip first of all disrespected the bloods by showing his firearm and throwing the gangsigns, he didnt just walk to a hood like temple, which is RPed as a ghetto area with a lot of people around the south-east appartments, in daylight opening fire at someone without anything happened b4, in the RL example it was night and no one was around. So as u can see the samp example (which happened) i gave above is unrealistic comparison to the RL example (that happened too.)

Also, you don't have always to act hostile. Especially when you're RPing as a low-ranked member with not much experience in ur early teens.. srsly u r like 15-17 y/o ICly and when you meet a gangmember u just pull out a gun and open fire at him? RP some feelings... I mean ill give u a RL example for that.

"A blood that is selling shit spots a Crip that is selling shit too. They both approach each other and throwing gangsigns. Then the blood says "We both just wanna make money, let's just go on with our lifes now.. we wont make money if we kill each other now, let's just continue our shits and ill catch u another day" and the Crip agrees so they both walk away."
What I'm trying to say is that u dont have to cry in every shootout u lose and we all should be careful with this guns... IRL u, gangmembers, would hide their guns better than their cocks. Why dont u ppl use melee weapons?


i wanted to say more but fk it. feel free to discuss about it, i rlly want to hear ur opinions about it.

p.s; im typing on my mini-laptop (its name is notebook, right? lol) and the keyboard sux so i cant type for shit + the words auto-changes lel
Back to top Go down
Chevy
Golden Donator
Golden Donator
avatar

Posts : 677
Age : 19
Location : Southside Fargo

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:52 am

IRL, let me put a example on your gang gun thingy. Gangmembers don't give a fuck what crime they do, what happens to them or the victim. You should see some Compton vids or errhh shit like that. They simply dont give a fuck.

Rick Ross said one word in a song, provoked a gang to do a drive by on his rolls royce, shooting of 20 caps. If you ask me, thats a good example of them giving a fuck what you did wrong, cus you did it.

It also depends on the character i guess, if the character rps not giving a two shit flyin fock i guess he doesnt care if the hood gets heated with cops and what not.. but hey what do i know i dont bang in no hood lol

Erhm.. Otherwise.. Nice effort lol.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 pm

#Shadow wrote:
IRL, let me put a example on your gang gun thingy. Gangmembers don't give a fuck what crime they do, what happens to them or the victim. You should see some Compton vids or errhh shit like that. They simply dont give a fuck. [...]
What I'm talking about is that people acts unrealistic. It also, yeah, depends on your character.. If you're RPing as a teen that took a gun for first time in his/her life and you just kill everyone like you don't give a fuck about what you're doing then lol.
I'm not saying that you can't get killed if you disrespect a gang, especially if you're in their hood, it can happen and it's alright if it happens in SAMP too. I'm saying that people just use guns all the time, they don't use melee weapons or something. Also, pulling guns infront of cops, etc. "Gangmembers don't give a fuck what crime they do" not really.. They're humans and they have feelings too. If they're given a task by the leader then they know that they HAVE to do it, maybe that's why you got that opinion. Gangmembers are humans too and, really, no one wants to go to jail. People should fear the police more... But because server hasn't got a lot of players and [PD] might not be the most active faction so no one fears the police. That should stop... People are just not showing fear to police, gangmembers are afraid of police IRL... Gangmembers are proud to represent their colors and they'd kill someone that disrespected them just like I said in the example I gave in the main text, but Police is way stronger than you... I mean really do you see IRL things like "A car full of gangmember drives to a cruiser and says "Fuck the pigs!!!" or Drive-Bying them?" No! Really, the only criminals that have shootouts, etc. with police is terrorists that put bombs in police stations all the time lol.
IRL gangmembers fights police ONLY if police is trying to arrest them... They don't provoke police... You can't just provoke the cops, shoot them and escape. You'll get arrested for sure.
And also.. let's say you're at Pizza-stack. You're RPing a lot of people eating around the store (You're outside, at the tables outside) and that there are CCTV cameras that records the parking lot and the tables infront of the shop. Then someone comes to you and he's affiliated to a rival gang. When you're not really someone that the rival gang wants to kill so bad (Someone like high-ranked member that the rivals would kill you any time if they have the chance) but still, the other guy just pulls out a weapon... People should use their fists and melee weapons... They should act realistically... But my story didn't end there. After that when I had already RP that the people around would watch him and call the police, he was there like 5 mins robbing me and saying "u cant call cops, u cant just rp individuals calling cops 4 u".
And when you're alone and going to a rival gangturf, going up to some rivals and pulling out a gun shooting at them... So... Let's make this clear; You're going ALONE into a rival gang's turf. You're just going because you have no feelings and no fear for the fact that you will DIE and you're not going because it's a task given to you by your leader... But you're just pulling a gun, running around like a retard and shooting at everyone with rival gang's [TAG] you see... Are you serious?
Want to say more, but nah.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:50 pm

If you want to discuss about something like this you can make topic in General Discussion
(I will read topic fully later I don't have time now)

-Topic moved
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

-Well if someone enter in /b and cry after he died or something you can simply use /report or report him on forum.

-If you want to change cover, you can run and shoot but make sure that your route to cover is short, like from car to wall that is few meters away, also if you run forward towards car that your opponent / enemy is hiding can be count as rambo also.

-"Is it rambo to rush forward?" Yes.. imagine that you rush towards someone who is in cover, I guess you really have small chances to survive

-About TAGs you have the point, a lot of ppl are MGing it, but we already discussed about this, if you are wearing TAG you are automatic representing gang and their colors / affiliations, you can('t) hide them, you can hide your face with /mask and so on.. in this case MG is involved and you can simply report a player..

- about instant kill.. this is happening on server to much, if you step on turf that is owned by somebody you got shot, that sucks :/

- Umm rping teens here is really strange, a lot of ppl are rping under 18 y/o and I saw them driving a car, shooting around, doing huge crimes, insulting police and so on, this should be changed but it's up to player...

- There should be A LOT MORE brawls on server, cuz shooting 24/7 is boring.., but ppl are avoiding it cuz of "lag" or "sync" or w/e it is.. but I will check if I can do anything against this with scripting..

- You can ALMOST always use that someone is calling police if it's public area... for example nobody can't rp that someone is calling police if you have player as hostage in your house or somewhere in the woods or abandoned place and so on...

- Well about police fear I won't say the name, no PD fear, provoking, shooting on PD 24/7, insulting.. and at end asking over /pm "am I wanted?" (no offense it's just truth), Actually to be honest I'm rping as PD cuz I like this kind of PD, if someone doesn't show fear towards PD he will be arrested, if he will keep on with crimes he will be CKed, also let me mention TDF ex-leader, doing jail break? well he had like 10 members (not all official) if you look in Real life, I actually never heard for attack on Police Department... So that was pure PG, non fear and so on.. and at end "how can you know it was me?" (ICLY) Well I guess PD has cameras over the places, traffic cameras, witnesses, car's plates and much more that can be useful to get criminal faster - I involved everything to solve that case, but "my face was covered?" Well you are matching to profile, also hair style, eye color and you are TDF affiliated so I have reason to arrest you... and than OOC drama, so I was really tired of that case... so ppl should really show fear towards PD

- Gangsters don't care about police and so on, I guess that nobody don't want to go jail, special to USA jails, rapes, fights, murders, some corrupted guards and so on.. So I bet they care about this and try to avoid it.

- Guns should be somehow limited cuz now almost everyone has it, and IRL it's bit hard to get it, I know in USA they has got weapon stores but I guess you need to have proper paper to buy gun and so on (someone from USA should explain this bit more how things goes there)

But with time things might be changed, this actually isn't about rules it's about player's Roleplay..

Nightmare if PD isn't active I can't help I can still be enough online on both accs but I can't force players to play as PD, let them play where they want Smile
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 906
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Ahhh you guys are whack. LoL r u writing quick posts or novels?
To me it feels like each new post is a new chapter of the novel.
But the main post is good, the others are too long.
Be a little less wordy.
Nice effort on this, you kinda woke up one of my old ideas I may express here on forum.
I ain't gonna comment anything else.

________________________________________________

♦ B K L Y N ♦
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 988
Age : 21
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 pm

I don't understand how a music video, from 50 Cent of all people helps your argument. I haven't read it fully though because your punctuation gives me a headache. However the thing about the tags is we've already removed them in the past but everyone wanted them back. It's usually down to unofficials taking the official skins .etc.
Back to top Go down
KDST
Rambo
Rambo


Posts : 210
Age : 20
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Rushing to someone in cover is just plain stupid, would you rather rush forward to certain death or keep in cover to lessen the chance of getting killed? Exactly.

And why would a Blood approve of a Crip member being in their turf selling drugs? Ofcourse you'll spook him away, not make some stupid ass agreement.

Overall, your ideas are pretty basic and have already been discussed ages before.
Back to top Go down
Compton/Koolay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
avatar

Posts : 3332
Location : Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:00 pm

KDST wrote:
Overall, your ideas are pretty basic and have already been discussed ages before.
So many times that I don't even want to discuss it anymore.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/18Compton
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:23 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
I don't understand how a music video, from 50 Cent of all people helps your argument. I haven't read it fully though because your punctuation gives me a headache. However the thing about the tags is we've already removed them in the past but everyone wanted them back. It's usually down to unofficials taking the official skins .etc.
The video is an example for what I mean... About TAGs I didn't say to remove them.. Read the topic before you post next time...
I know this has been discusses many times, but it's a good way to spam-...eh have a nice chat with people on forums.

@KDST About what you said, sometimes you have the chance to rush and kill the other guy easier than when taking cover, I didn't suggest anything about it or smth, I just said it isn't rambo and it's up to your char though.

About why would a crip and a blood make an agreement is maybe because they both want to stay alive? Besides, the examples I gave are true and really happened...


Last edited by Nightmare on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KDST
Rambo
Rambo


Posts : 210
Age : 20
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 pm

A music video is mostly fictional, why would you even compare that to real life?

I know some music videos are pretty non-fictional, but even then there are non-realistic elements involved in those too.
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 988
Age : 21
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Okay I managed to get through the post this time, even if it's hard to comprehend and my analysis is...

/thread
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:33 pm

KDST wrote:
A music video is mostly fictional, why would you even compare that to real life?

I know some music videos are pretty non-fictional, but even then there are non-realistic elements involved in those too.
First of all, it's not a music video it's a movie.
Second of all, I am not saying that it can happen IRL because it happened in a movie.. I just couldn't find any other example to show you what I mean. I know it can happen IRL, I grew up in an environment full of weapons and I know that it can happen IRL, but I couldn't find any other video to show you what I mean.
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 988
Age : 21
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
KDST
Rambo
Rambo


Posts : 210
Age : 20
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 pm

It can happen, but i doubt any retard would do so.
It's an human reflex to flee from danger, and not stand eye to eye with one.
Most humans would either run away or dodge the bullets by standing/crouching in cover.

So if you're that retarded you'll probably miss two or more vital braincells.
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 596
Age : 21
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Ramboing is not running in a circle and shooting it's preforming an heroic act like in films. Hence the term ramboing (John Rambo). About shooting don't compare police regulation to gangster ones. A policeman's job is to capture the shooter, he comes far more equipped and is far more experienced and trained. If you'll see any drive by it is done in a mintue or less. It's action is not to kill everyone is to do as much damage in a short period of time. That's how all gangster shootings go. The police factor makes a diffrence. I like the teen idea, i mean a 21 year old gangster had probably shot maybe 3 or 4 times at people how will a younger man can hendle that adrenaline?. It takes far more courage to aim a gun at a live human than a can. That's why i'd like to see more people being more creative than a gun and perhaps adopt the shoot another day thing. Going to an enemy's hood alone is complete ramboing that is why im not going to bother talking about that.
Back to top Go down
Predator
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 485
Age : 19
Location : Bahrain

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:52 am

I just want to point out that:

Being shot as a Police Officer is different then being shot as a gang member..

When a cop gets shot he has training on how to treat the wound until he gets medical help..

As for a gang member if he gets shot he wouldn't know how to treat the wound his homies then drive him to the hospital meaning on the way he might bleed to death.

So what I'm saying is Being a Police officer had more survival skills then being a gang member.
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:51 am

Ace wrote:
...
Wait a second. Most cops don't even know what to do when they get shoot, plus they'd be probably shocked, they don't get a special medical training, almost everyone in this world knows what cops knows about medical shits. Besides, I used cops as an example because that's from where I know how people uses weapons properly and If you're RPly using guns for 4-5 years, I don't think your character would still a brainless gangster that randomly shoots anywhere because he can't shoot at the target. I actually used this example to say that I know that what I said can happen IRL, it has nothing to do with cops' training actually.
Also, even I can provide BSL support to an injured person, why my gangster character can't?
Back to top Go down
Criminal
WCL Player
WCL Player
avatar

Posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Well, this is intresting. of course can. but in real life i think police have that training advantage.

About the rambo shooting, check the "Gangland" and all kindo of Gang documentary.
some gangsters are so crazy they do anything to protect their "hood" and "homies".


Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 596
Age : 21
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Nightmare wrote:
Ace wrote:
...
Wait a second. Most cops don't even know what to do when they get shoot, plus they'd be probably shocked, they don't get a special medical training, almost everyone in this world knows what cops knows about medical shits. Besides, I used cops as an example because that's from where I know how people uses weapons properly and If you're RPly using guns for 4-5 years, I don't think your character would still a brainless gangster that randomly shoots anywhere because he can't shoot at the target. I actually used this example to say that I know that what I said can happen IRL, it has nothing to do with cops' training actually.
Also, even I can provide BSL support to an injured person, why my gangster character can't?
A gangster's mentality is to be the biggest G there is. Gangsters don't go to shooting ranges, gangsters aren't taught basic CPR and first aid. gangsters don't care about tactics
all they care about is shooting a "fool" smoking weed and getting drunk. That's why.
EazyLoc wrote:
Well, this is intresting. of course can. but in real life i think police have that training advantage.

About the rambo shooting, check the "Gangland" and all kindo of Gang documentary.
some gangsters are so crazy they do anything to protect their "hood" and "homies".


You said it yourself it's some and those don't live very long because it's real life not a movie or a video game
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Nightmare wrote:
Ace wrote:
...
Wait a second. Most cops don't even know what to do when they get shoot, plus they'd be probably shocked, they don't get a special medical training, almost everyone in this world knows what cops knows about medical shits. Besides, I used cops as an example because that's from where I know how people uses weapons properly and If you're RPly using guns for 4-5 years, I don't think your character would still a brainless gangster that randomly shoots anywhere because he can't shoot at the target. I actually used this example to say that I know that what I said can happen IRL, it has nothing to do with cops' training actually.
Also, even I can provide BSL support to an injured person, why my gangster character can't?
to be honest I had training with my guys about medical things... I learned some basic things them ICLY for sure.. so PD should know how to take care of injures..
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Bull / Buhinc wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Ace wrote:
...
Wait a second. Most cops don't even know what to do when they get shoot, plus they'd be probably shocked, they don't get a special medical training, almost everyone in this world knows what cops knows about medical shits. Besides, I used cops as an example because that's from where I know how people uses weapons properly and If you're RPly using guns for 4-5 years, I don't think your character would still a brainless gangster that randomly shoots anywhere because he can't shoot at the target. I actually used this example to say that I know that what I said can happen IRL, it has nothing to do with cops' training actually.
Also, even I can provide BSL support to an injured person, why my gangster character can't?
to be honest I had training with my guys about medical things... I learned some basic things them ICLY for sure.. so PD should know how to take care of injures..
I am talking about RL cops, it's true that some of them are trained to heal someone maybe because the PD academy trained them or because they already somehow knew it (Like me), those people can provide BLS to someone better than me(If they're trained). But it's from hard to even impossible to treat your own wounds.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Nightmare wrote:
some of them are trained to heal
I guess every cop has knowledge about this..
Back to top Go down
nightmare
Senior
Senior


Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Bull / Buhinc wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
some of them are trained to heal
I guess every cop has knowledge about this..
Not really. Depends on which country/state you're living in. Some cops don't even know what BSL means, or they might got taught to heal someone but forgot it as that's Paramedics/EMS's job.
Back to top Go down
KDST
Rambo
Rambo


Posts : 210
Age : 20
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:31 am

If Someone gets hit by a car , the police arrivés 1st to hand them basic medical procedures untill à ambulance comes to take things over. And not knowing medical procedures will probably get you fired or they'll re-educate you.


This is in the Netherlands, so yh, dunne bout 'Merica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Discussion - Rules   

Back to top Go down
 
Discussion - Rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Amendments to CSE listing rules
» Sri Lanka eases rules on foreign investments
» 20 Golden Rules for (Day) Traders
» OPEN FOR DISCUSSION -ONE GOOD COUNTER AS AN EXAMPLE
» Your Stock Trading Rules

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Coast Life Roleplay :: Basket-
Jump to: