SA-MP roleplay server mainly focused on gangs in San Andreas
 
HomeFAQPortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Already 2 years, script still has no changes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:08 pm

I know what Compton would say, like he got no special knowledge in scripting,, but atleast some changes that would bring more players to the server would be good, 2 years server is online, and nothing is changed in the script, we have no new skin selection, old scripts, animations and other shit, no ways to earn money and shit such as that.
People are bored of this, that's why the playerbase doesn't change, we see here only people that we always see, such as old school players and just loyal players, but seriously Compton, you need to make some updates, like you did before, every week we had some little update, it was intresting and was attracting more ppl.
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 400
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 pm

I think it would be cool if we can get more cars or bikes to buy at the dealership.Also it would be cool to do it like in other rp servers,that every house can be bought ingame,and you can /lock it etc.
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah, you're absolutely right, I remember Compton saying 1.5 years ago that houses will be able to be bought like it was on Street Life Stories, but system is still not changed, why?
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 400
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Also a really important thing!!! Delete this fucking Ad.Fly its one of the most famous "Virus" sending sites,today when i logged in i saw that a data downloaded in the lower dl list from google chrome,wich i didnt even wanted to dl or had an "Download or Not" list,nothing it appeared like nothing and downloaded.Now i have a virus....its got marked as "Dangerous".I know that you can earn money with that but we all can get a virus of ad.fly.....
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:36 pm

$-Kollegah™ wrote:
Also a really important thing!!! Delete this fucking Ad.Fly its one of the most famous "Virus" sending sites,today when i logged in i saw that a data downloaded in the lower dl list from google chrome,wich i didnt even wanted to dl or had an "Download or Not" list,nothing it appeared like nothing and downloaded.Now i have a virus....its got marked as "Dangerous".I know that you can earn money with that but we all can get a virus of ad.fly.....

Don't go off topic, we talk about script here.
But if we would talk about forum, I would see changed skin of the forum, this one is boring too.
Back to top Go down
.::Lil_Jamal::.
Hitman
Hitman
avatar

Posts : 306
Age : 17
Location : Lexington Idlewood

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:36 pm

I agree with you too,some updates will refresh server and it'll make it more active.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Don't expect impossible, if Compton said he can't script huge scripts that means he simply can't, I'm working on PD mapping and scripting right now and I must say it's not easy job to counter errors and shit... If you guy have any knowledge with scripting I think you are more than welcome to share your skills with community. When I will be done with this PD map/script I will try to go on and do something usefull for server but don't expect miracles from me, thing about owner ship could be really updated / fixed, today I hope I will finish with my PD plan... And Suggestion topic should be reopen.
Back to top Go down
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P
avatar

Posts : 1495

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Why not to have changes, Its good always good cause it brings mood and charisma to play but hard to find good idea and none of things that you said above would bring activity unless player feel to play.

Skin selection? Be serious.. you just select your skin less than a minute and start to play, Is there anything special you do there! 
Houses to buy? Yeah its cool to have your own house but it won't bring activity, After you got your own house what you gonna do? There is no other ways to earn money * except paydays * and it will just make people to stay AFK in game and get cash to buy house! It'll be useless after while tho'.
Things you said aren't helpful to bring people its just wasting time of scripters.
First should find something really useful which everyone would enjoy, Then bring up!

Couple of times i said to Compton maybe he can do some changes on forums but i got my answer too, Its fresh and cool no points to touch it!


Again i say its cool to have changes but good ideas for changes not some bullshit ideas! 
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Magic™ wrote:
Why not to have changes, Its good always good cause it brings mood and charisma to play but hard to find good idea and none of things that you said above would bring activity unless player feel to play.

Skin selection? Be serious.. you just select your skin less than a minute and start to play, Is there anything special you do there! 
Houses to buy? Yeah its cool to have your own house but it won't bring activity, After you got your own house what you gonna do? There is no other ways to earn money * except paydays * and it will just make people to stay AFK in game and get cash to buy house! It'll be useless after while tho'.
Things you said aren't helpful to bring people its just wasting time of scripters.
First should find something really useful which everyone would enjoy, Then bring up!

Couple of times i said to Compton maybe he can do some changes on forums but i got my answer too, Its fresh and cool no points to touch it!


Again i say its cool to have changes but good ideas for changes not some bullshit ideas! 

So we need better idea for earning money =) for example better drug system MUCH better
Back to top Go down
Compton/Kollay
WCL Founder
WCL Founder
avatar

Posts : 3332
Location : Los Santos

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Technique, everytime you come back on WCL you make these silly topics, if you know that I can't make hard scripts, why you ask for them? Back in the days, yes I was doing updates daily, because I was younger, and I was getting help from BoelieBeast, I knew I had somebody to back me up with this. Nowdays Owen is busy and never goes online, we don't talk with Owen as I did with Boelie, so basicly, when he scripts he does it alone, when I do something I do it alone as well. You want me to learn and script hard things? Give me a reason.. I am 18 years old, do not forget I am a human just like you guys, I have a job now, I need to study when school starts, I got GYM and so forth. I can't be sitting here 24/7 learning to script and scripting all alone, besides as you know I am doing all my scripts for free, never I did get a single cent for WCL, Never compare WCL to any other servers, or atleast me to those servers, because on those, the scripting team is bigger, the scripters (some get paid), thats why server keeps updating. all I do is just because I feel like doing it, same as the yesterday events and the rewards, doing all this alone, tho I could of just done some events without any script editions and that's it.

________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/18Compton
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1835
Age : 21
Location : Asylum

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:27 pm

If its not broke dont fix it.
Back to top Go down
DaParasite
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 596
Age : 21
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Compton wrote:
Technique, everytime you come back on WCL you make these silly topics, if you know that I can't make hard scripts, why you ask for them? Back in the days, yes I was doing updates daily, because I was younger, and I was getting help from BoelieBeast, I knew I had somebody to back me up with this. Nowdays Owen is busy and never goes online, we don't talk with Owen as I did with Boelie, so basicly, when he scripts he does it alone, when I do something I do it alone as well. You want me to learn and script hard things? Give me a reason.. I am 18 years old, do not forget I am a human just like you guys, I have a job now, I need to study when school starts, I got GYM and so forth. I can't be sitting here 24/7 learning to script and scripting all alone, besides as you know I am doing all my scripts for free, never I did get a single cent for WCL, Never compare WCL to any other servers, or atleast me to those servers, because on those, the scripting team is bigger, the scripters (some get paid), thats why server keeps updating. all I do is just because I feel like doing it, same as the yesterday events and the rewards, doing all this alone, tho I could of just done some events without any script editions and that's it.
I'm pretty sure Owen is on the same page he's busy with IRL stuff.It's easy giving suggestions without bringing ideas on how to make them happen. I honestly doubt there are many people who are willing to script for free today so finding scripters isn't easy.For the admin staff to learn how to script is complicated mainly because a lot of admins are a bit older and in their late teens so they have much on their plate...Moreover past experience shows you're wrong in the few last weeks I witnessed many times of 15+ players so obviously they're not that bored with the server if they play
Back to top Go down
gundus
Veteran
Veteran


Posts : 973

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 am

Just enjoy the server while it lasts SA-MP is already dead and it's just a matter of time before WCL closes. New games come out, you can't keep playing this forever, it will die eventually and just leave the script as it is and enjoy it while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior


Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:55 am

Compton wrote:
Technique, everytime you come back on WCL you make these silly topics, if you know that I can't make hard scripts, why you ask for them? Back in the days, yes I was doing updates daily, because I was younger, and I was getting help from BoelieBeast, I knew I had somebody to back me up with this. Nowadays Owen is busy and never goes online, we don't talk with Owen as I did with Boelie, so basicly, when he scripts he does it alone, when I do something I do it alone as well. You want me to learn and script hard things? Give me a reason.. I am 18 years old, do not forget I am a human just like you guys, I have a job now, I need to study when school starts, I got GYM and so forth. I can't be sitting here 24/7 learning to script and scripting all alone, besides as you know I am doing all my scripts for free, never I did get a single cent for WCL, Never compare WCL to any other servers, or atleast me to those servers, because on those, the scripting team is bigger, the scripters (some get paid), thats why server keeps updating. all I do is just because I feel like doing it, same as the yesterday events and the rewards, doing all this alone, tho I could of just done some events without any script editions and that's it.

Gundus wrote:
Just enjoy the server while it lasts SA-MP is already dead and it's just a matter of time before WCL closes. New games come out, you can't keep playing this forever, it will die eventually and just leave the script as it is and enjoy it while it lasts.

Lil Dan wrote:
If its not broke dont fix it.

Agreed with everything. WCL-RP isn't just a community in my opinion. I am not gonna say we are like a tight family but we really cool with each other, and that's cool. IMO, I believe this server is like an extension of single player, where one can enjoy a cool afternoon of rp and do things with your friends that isn't possible in single player. That means there isn't alot more things we can do to improve the player's experience, since the purpose of it it's to do stuff you would like to do in SP, but with friends.

There is, obviously, stuff that can be fixed and improved but they are quite time consuming and not really worth it (you will understand in the following sentences, why it isn't worth it.) As Compton always mentioned, he doesn't force anyone to pay him up so he can keep updating us with scripts or to keep the server up, It's true that donations are needed to keep it up and donators are well rewarded (I can speak since I was/am a donator and I got alot of benefits, back when I was just "joining") and appreciated, but nobody ever pleaded for money. This is like a family-made community to have fun and roleplay.

Like Gundus, I have been thinking and saying this almost since the end of 2011/2012... SAMP is not what it was back in 2007/2008/2009/2010. Those years and maybe 2011 were the glorious samp days, when it mattered having the most players on, or producing the highest quality RP or fun around. It's not like that anymore, the gamemode is old and it's popularity is dying. More and more servers are going away, even though people like to gather themselves, that's why we see servers filled with 500-900 players but the rest of the server's list are like 0.

Most of those players, including some famous RP or Stunt or DM legends, almost all in their 14-17's, have now moved on and are playing other games or have way more important things to think about rather than occupying their days maintaining their activity or managing a server... Some of them have even got families, babies. Then the rest has either school or jobs to worry about.

Alot of games have also surfaced since those glory days that have nowadays, in a daily basis, numbers of 300k players! (namely COD's and Battlefields and other games). (Don't forget MMORPGs and games like league of legends, etc) In a very good day, SAMP might have 50k or so players, which is good, but indicating that it isn't such a popular game anymore. (Right now it has 24k). And we, the gamers will move on from this. GTA V is comming in less than 60 days and I believe alot of people won't stop playing SAMP but will dedicate most of their time to V. I will, hopefully, be one of those cases. It's just the natural order of things, change is good and it will happen. So no need to be stressing ourselves and wasting time by trying to, "foolishly" upgrade our experience in SAMP. It has capped already, we had or are having the most fun possible out of SAMP. I shared alot of good laughters, and in my rookie days I would even be stressed when dying when I was at a tdm game or getting ranked in a gang in RP servers. Few games have this effect on me.

Concluding, I believe we should be grateful that the gamemode is still alive and kicking though, and it should maintain like this atleast for a good year or two, when I predict it will decline for real. By then, hopefully we will have moved on from this game but atleast I'll know that I enjoyed it to the max, and we were part of a generation that experienced one of the best online experiences ever. (IMO)

Like Dan said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just enjoy this game while you can.

(idk if i was a little overdramatic, but im keepin it real lol)
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:48 am

You all got it wrong, im not asking Compton to change whole script, just little updates, which he can do with his scripting knowledge, like make ability to buy houses and business, even business, you buy 24/7, you got 50% of money that people pay for products in the shop, you can set price for enterance in a business, and things like that, just another way to earn money and to spend them, we seriously need more ways to spend money, because for now I see only three ways to spend some money, it's weapons, vehicles and 24/7, there are some more but they're not so big shit.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior


Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:16 pm

And drugs. If you guys are roleplaying mobsters I think you should do drugs, I mean, almost every criminal does drugs, and it doesn't mean they are addicts.
Also you might need that money for other roleplays, such as deals, or if you need to pay a ransom for a friend that's being held hostage.

Another thing I suggested a while ago to [AM] was RP owning the horse betting shop at Downtown, near the parking lot where Sweet got shot. You could use it as a general betting place for IG or IRL stuff.
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Rich wrote:
And drugs. If you guys are roleplaying mobsters I think you should do drugs, I mean, almost every criminal does drugs, and it doesn't mean they are addicts.
Also you might need that money for other roleplays, such as deals, or if you need to pay a ransom for a friend that's being held hostage.

Another thing I suggested a while ago to [AM] was RP owning the horse betting shop at Downtown, near the parking lot where Sweet got shot. You could use it as a general betting place for IG or IRL stuff.

 Good idea, lets wait till Compton sees it, maybe he'll give answer.
Back to top Go down
Dopeman
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
avatar

Posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:50 pm

None of these scripts will bring players to this server.
People now days don't want to RP, Grove Street, Ballas,... as it was in past,
They all into Crips, Bloods, making their own gang.
Most servers that are letting players create their own factions and are loaded up
with activity, like LS-RP, PR-RP, IBP, and others.
This server is step by step moving to be like those that we're named. (Lanza, American Mafia, Golden Palms)
People are bored of SP rp, they want to make their own faction/gang.
I think players are attracted by that, my thought.
Back to top Go down
Slick
Senior
Senior


Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Which is another reason we should keep roleplaying SP gangs.
Because everyone else is creating their own gangs in other servers. In our server, it's possible to do both, if they fit in the server. Lanza originates from the original Families. Hepburn has its origins from Liberty City. Slayermen are unique on their own, but they grew their club's history through RP. And so forth.

Plus, there are only like a handful of servers in SAMP that still roleplay around SP, which makes us unique. We are more active these days.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Rich wrote:
Which is another reason we should keep roleplaying SP gangs.
Because everyone else is creating their own gangs in other servers. In our server, it's possible to do both, if they fit in the server. Lanza originates from the original Families. Hepburn has its origins from Liberty City. Slayermen are unique on their own, but they grew their club's history through RP. And so forth.

Plus, there are only like a handful of servers in SAMP that still roleplay around SP, which makes us unique. We are more active these days.

amen on this
Back to top Go down
OLD_SCHOOL
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
avatar

Posts : 988
Age : 21
Location : Britons

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Dopeman wrote:
None of these scripts will bring players to this server.
People now days don't want to RP, Grove Street, Ballas,... as it was in past,
They all into Crips, Bloods, making their own gang.
Most servers that are letting players create their own factions and are loaded up
with activity, like LS-RP, PR-RP, IBP, and others.
This server is step by step moving to be like those that we're named. (Lanza, American Mafia, Golden Palms)
People are bored of SP rp, they want to make their own faction/gang.
I think players are attracted by that, my thought.

If you're suggesting that we should switch to "Real Life Gangs" and create new ones. Then I disagree. I thought you was here when we did this project? What ended up happening was, everyone was excited and when the novelty went away the server got inactive. The system we have now is fine and doesn't need to be changed. Attracting SA:MP players in 2013 is a very tricky task indeed. This server was created to keep the SLS community together, now it should just keep the WCL-RP community together rather than hunt for new players. Not that getting new players is a bad thing, it's just near enough impossible.
Back to top Go down
Dopeman
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
avatar

Posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:54 pm

OLD_SCHOOL wrote:
Dopeman wrote:
None of these scripts will bring players to this server.
People now days don't want to RP, Grove Street, Ballas,... as it was in past,
They all into Crips, Bloods, making their own gang.
Most servers that are letting players create their own factions and are loaded up
with activity, like LS-RP, PR-RP, IBP, and others.
This server is step by step moving to be like those that we're named. (Lanza, American Mafia, Golden Palms)
People are bored of SP rp, they want to make their own faction/gang.
I think players are attracted by that, my thought.

If you're suggesting that we should switch to "Real Life Gangs" and create new ones. Then I disagree. I thought you was here when we did this project? What ended up happening was, everyone was excited and when the novelty went away the server got inactive. The system we have now is fine and doesn't need to be changed. Attracting SA:MP players in 2013 is a very tricky task indeed. This server was created to keep the SLS community together, now it should just keep the WCL-RP community together rather than hunt for new players. Not that getting new players is a bad thing, it's just near enough impossible.
I didn't suggest, I just told Technique that if he "wants to" bring activity that maybe that's solution. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Recklezz
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 490
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:54 pm

No. I come here because I do enjoy the SP gangs.
Back to top Go down
Dopeman
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
avatar

Posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:02 pm

808MAFIA wrote:
No. I come here because I do enjoy the SP gangs.
I said that's what I think, maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Smokey
Golden Donator
Golden Donator
avatar

Posts : 1458
Age : 23
Location : The I.E 909

PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Real life gangs would be coo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Already 2 years, script still has no changes.   

Back to top Go down
 
Already 2 years, script still has no changes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SAMP & COMB SCRIPT DIVIDEND
» Congratulations for those completing 2 years at SLEF
» Otara in Five Years time on National Geographic Television?
» Jimmy the cat reunited with his family after 2½ years
» What are the best stocks to buy for V.Long time?(10-20 years or more)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Coast Life Roleplay :: Basket-
Jump to: