View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Micklo
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Gang Inactivity
Hey, even though my current faction's state is in a bad period that doesn't mean it's dead.I think everyone is willing enough to at least try to come on in either account (alt or main). Why is it that players check the tab list of who's online and they see their friends/leaders of the faction and think it's the best time to go in game. Yeah it might be the best time, but don't fucking expect people to go in game for you.I don't even know why some of these factions have members who aren't even dedicated that play other servers (I don't really have too much of a problem with it) but they play on other servers so much that they seem to have no time for West Coast Life Role Play.Some of these assholes who are inactive, and I won't even mention who but some people might be playing other games as well.Some people just don't care whether they're active in a faction in WCL.It's important to be active because you'll stay up to date with what is going on involving the roleplay inside the faction and the server updates.Maybe even some people don't feel motivated enough to play SA-MP anymore, THERE'S TONS OF WAYS TO GET INSPIRATION TO GET IN GAME.Maybe some of you are forgetting about your imagination to bring into your roleplay. I go in game and I'm like, "This roleplay is fucking boring." It's boring because some of the people I roleplay with don't have a real concept of making stuff up or using their imagination to picture what's around them.There's so many ways to have fun in roleplay again, but some people aren't even trying anymore.So, some of you need to start getting a better excuse of why you aren't in game.I got a bad timezone, but I still can make it online every Saturday and Sunday.

Money Farming
Stop leaving your computer on to make a few more $500's to buy your fucking guns so you can go around the death match all the people you want.I don't know why money would be the most important thing in the server, but in some cases like buying a car from dealership is a good way to spend it.Even though I've mentioned a way to kick players for being AFK so they can money farm to Compton and Owen, does not fucking mean you guys are just allowed to stay on the server just so you can make $100,000 in one day.

Point is, READ THIS even though it's not a server announcement.
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Yeah, I got a problem with both of these things and this isn't directed to everyone on the server.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Micklo wrote:
Gang Inactivity
Hey, even though my current faction's state is in a bad period that doesn't mean it's dead.I think everyone is willing enough to at least try to come on in either account (alt or main). Why is it that players check the tab list of who's online and they see their friends/leaders of the faction and think it's the best time to go in game. Yeah it might be the best time, but don't fucking expect people to go in game for you.I don't even know why some of these factions have members who aren't even dedicated that play other servers (I don't really have too much of a problem with it) but they play on other servers so much that they seem to have no time for West Coast Life Role Play.Some of these assholes who are inactive, and I won't even mention who but some people might be playing other games as well.Some people just don't care whether they're active in a faction in WCL.It's important to be active because you'll stay up to date with what is going on involving the roleplay inside the faction and the server updates.Maybe even some people don't feel motivated enough to play SA-MP anymore, THERE'S TONS OF WAYS TO GET INSPIRATION TO GET IN GAME.Maybe some of you are forgetting about your imagination to bring into your roleplay. I go in game and I'm like, "This roleplay is fucking boring." It's boring because some of the people I roleplay with don't have a real concept of making stuff up or using their imagination to picture what's around them.There's so many ways to have fun in roleplay again, but some people aren't even trying anymore.So, some of you need to start getting a better excuse of why you aren't in game.I got a bad timezone, but I still can make it online every Saturday and Sunday.

Money Farming
Stop leaving your computer on to make a few more $500's to buy your fucking guns so you can go around the death match all the people you want.I don't know why money would be the most important thing in the server, but in some cases like buying a car from dealership is a good way to spend it.Even though I've mentioned a way to kick players for being AFK so they can money farm to Compton and Owen, does not fucking mean you guys are just allowed to stay on the server just so you can make $100,000 in one day.

Point is, READ THIS even though it's not a server announcement.

First of all VLA was active today as I saw... Second,I still find time and I am working 10-12 hours hours per in weekdays and I'm IG almost every day, and I am trying to get some RP ideas everyday... But I'm doing my best for KTB with Radman to keep it active, the only thing that matters and break RP and activity is /b chat - in my opinion this fuck up everything, activity, desire to RP and so on..., But lets leave a scene when we came at VLA hood and try to rob someone there and than you said it was OOCly, actually we can't know this, but I want to say for some other people, I won't mention names to avoid any drama, but every time when I decide to make some action in KTB, - drive by or shoot out there is a always somebody who will flood /b with WTF,OMG,DUMB,DM,PG (and other rp terms), IDIOT... and at end /q. I am tired to taking evidences and report them because I don't give a fuck, I don't understand why people get so mad because of game, I don't say I don't break a rules, for example today when Compton chased Radman, I PGed a bit and Cop non fear... in my opinion only /b chat fuck up the RP, about people's activity... everyone have it's duties, but as you said there should be still some time to hop in game and I totally agree with that...

About money farming... Actually when I see server is empty and I want to RP I come on server and I alt tab and doing other things and checking sa-mp every 5 min if somebody joined, It's not moneyfarming it's one kind of motivation for others to join... actually I don't give a fuck about money IG, you can ask few KTB members who was low on money, that I gave them some money without problems... But it happens sometimes I went IG with hope that others will join to and than I got lunch and, than I need to take a dog on walk and I forgot that I am logged in, but fuck it.

So there is no solution for first "problem" but there is for second - moneyfarming, if you don't like this make anti afk system, and make a timer for about 5 mins of afk will auto kick player, and this will avoid people to moneyfarm.

That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 am

This is to aware people of the problems, and how fucked up the server is because of it, not solutions.
Back to top Go down
peanutt
V.I.P
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 am

People doesn't join until someone with high rank of that specific gang log in, Cause they don't see any point to role play alone, And you can't reject this issue.
Now we say where are those high ranks? As you know its final exams season and everyone is busy, Maybe you say at least for 1 or 2 hours they have to show up in game but time zone cause problem.

About money farming, Let them to do tho', I used to stay in game to get cash fore', But when you get all those cash, Its really useless, They cannot do anything exception of buying vehicles from dealership, All you get is you being robbed every 30 minutes for having too much money or getting piss off by people who asking you for that. That's it.
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 2:03 pm

I dont see how the fact that someone has more money harms you.
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 2:18 pm

No, you missunderstood it, Dan.
It's no harm when somebody has more money than you.
But you know what is?
It's the problem that every 2nd player I see or spectate "can't RP without a gun".
Well, I say it's bullshit!
That's why most of people stay AFK, get money while checking their dumb statuses on Facebook and whatsoever.
They get money, they spend it on guns and can't RP properly, trying to DM and RK.

Now if some of you try to deny something, you're lying in my face, because I spectate players when I'm IG and on admin duty.
I can see whatever y'all are doing and can't hide it and lie here.
Back to top Go down
Loc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Well,it's like this.
If a player,who is a high rank member in a faction log on,then others will join!
It's like this,players won't roleplay alone.
Well,i'm inactive as y'all know that my pc got an issue,i got BSOD problem.
I've just got an answer today,tommorow morning the tec will repair it,for sure.I'm trying my best for KTB and keep it active.Despite my pc is fucked up,i am going at my friend's place .. just to log on a bit on WCL.
About money-farming,
If someone is money-farming and he/she gets more money,that will never harm me!Because one day he/she must leave the faction or the server.
That ain't a big deal,in other words .. it's a game,it doesn't matter if someone has more money than me.

Last edited by Loc on Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Im often AFKing In-game for cash to get weapons/car when needed. Does it makes me a DM'er? Does it mean i cant RP without gun?

DMer will DM regardless he have 3k or 30k.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 pm

VatoLoco⁹⁹ wrote:
No, you missunderstood it, Dan.
It's no harm when somebody has more money than you.
But you know what is?
It's the problem that every 2nd player I see or spectate "can't RP without a gun".
Well, I say it's bullshit!
That's why most of people stay AFK, get money while checking their dumb statuses on Facebook and whatsoever.
They get money, they spend it on guns and can't RP properly, trying to DM and RK.

Now if some of you try to deny something, you're lying in my face, because I spectate players when I'm IG and on admin duty.
I can see whatever y'all are doing and can't hide it and lie here.

We can say amen on this but, there is one thing, I got almost always gun with me in case we got attacked.. but whenever there is a brawl someone will pull out a gun or something and breaks a RP and here we go again flooding /b and reports :/
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm

No, Dan, not like that, man.
I ain't talking about you, but most of some stubborn newbies on server.
I've seen a few while spectating that when they get killed, they instantly go to buy a gun.
It's just insane.

Oh, Bull, you're absolutely right with brawls.
So, I have an idea:
Everytime there's a brawl and an admin IG and on duty, that he spectates the brawl until the end. The admin could help and keep harmony between players and that /b flooding.
Back to top Go down
Recklezz
Post Lover
Post Lover

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Dan, it's simply foolish to AFK ingame for money, I know there's no stable jobs, but you can still make the money IC'ly, without AFK'ing. I've made 2/3 of the money in IC ways. What we brag about is, that every second guy here is tabbing the majority of the time, they barely even roleplay. They just log in game to tab out/in every hour or so.
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

†1017† wrote:
Dan, it's simply foolish to AFK ingame for money, I know there's no stable jobs, but you can still make the money IC'ly, without AFK'ing. I've made 2/3 of the money in IC ways.

What was your faction again?
Back to top Go down
Recklezz
Post Lover
Post Lover

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 6:21 pm

lol, it doesnt even matter of the faction, you can still make money, from just robbing people to doing IC jobs. All kinds of way to get yourself some money. Money farming isn't the only way.
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

†1017† wrote:
lol, it doesnt even matter of the faction, you can still make money, from just robbing people to doing IC jobs. All kinds of way to get yourself some money. Money farming isn't the only way.

It does matter.

There is difference between drug dealers and hustlers and gang bangers.
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Mada has a point here.
Look, be creative, be imaginative, make your own job, use the things you have to make it or even to get a job.
It all depends on player's imagination and that goddamn moneyfarming ain't the goddamn sollution, get real.

We all mind it here, it's a common problem in this community.
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Everyone can make a job in character. But who gonna pay you?

Lets do it like this.

I want to do jobs and earn money. VatoLoco, would you give my character jobs and pay me after i do the jobs? Is it profitable for you?
Back to top Go down
DoughBoy
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Well, look, it'll all depends on you and your character IC.
If I need some job done for me, you'd need, you know, those requirements for it.
Drug & arms shipment, bounty on somebody's head etc..

Man, I say, I'd honestly pay money.
I think spending money on this, not so often and usual RP is more worthy than spending it on guns.

By the way, even admins can help in some job.
The problem is that everybody expects some OOC prize for it.
Why not get satisfied with IC reward?
Well, admins could help OOCly a bit, in some jobs..
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 am

It's all about who you approach for a job In Character, and enough about that.
It's just a waste of time waiting to earn money and not role play even If you are waiting for others to come.

These two issues interfere with role play, and there are a few but these two I just realize them constantly happening.
Here you can discuss your opinion, solutions, and things related in that matter but don't let this go to far to go into an argument.
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Tue May 21, 2013 1:08 am

VatoLoco⁹⁹ wrote:
Well, look, it'll all depends on you and your character IC.
If I need some job done for me, you'd need, you know, those requirements for it.
Drug & arms shipment, bounty on somebody's head etc..

Man, I say, I'd honestly pay money.
I think spending money on this, not so often and usual RP is more worthy than spending it on guns.

By the way, even admins can help in some job.
The problem is that everybody expects some OOC prize for it.
Why not get satisfied with IC reward?
Well, admins could help OOCly a bit, in some jobs..

Define IC and OOC rewards? Isn't script money an OOC reward? ''Satisfy with IC rewards'' - didnt you said something about earning OOC money?
Back to top Go down
Rhyme
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Tue May 21, 2013 4:40 am

About the inactivity, well, like someone said, it's exam season, end of the school year, everyone is busy, be patient. It's all timezone and shit, it's not much about the gangs and how they act, people just have shit to do, you can't blame them.
About the money farming, well I honestly don't think it's a problem, except for those people who just use money for weapons and shit. I don't see it as a problem because it doesn't really affect me that much, nothing happens to me because of it, I'm sure that's the case with most of you. I've money farmed about two times before in a few months, sitting with the PC on ain't my thing, I'd rather be out. About people dying and going to get a gun, it's mandatory, everyone on WCL has a gun, because the guns are simply too cheap, and you can't be caught with a damn bat during an attack, so yeah, a gun is a big part of it nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Micklo wrote:
It's all about who you approach for a job In Character, and enough about that.
It's just a waste of time waiting to earn money and not role play even If you are waiting for others to come.

These two issues interfere with role play, and there are a few but these two I just realize them constantly happening.
Here you can discuss your opinion, solutions, and things related in that matter but don't let this go to far to go into an argument.

This topic will just ends in some shit and it don't got any point, you can't do nothing if people are logging in only when higher ranks are online, and I will always go afk when server is empty and wait on others, is there any point to RP with myself ?
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Tue May 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Cause the whole server's point is to role play, isn't it?
I'd rather spend time roleplaying with myself than to just wait all day for money/people.
This is where you put aside creative roleplayers and the roleplayers who need visible people online to enjoy the server.
Back to top Go down
stalkur

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Micklo wrote:
Cause the whole server's point is to role play, isn't it?
I'd rather spend time roleplaying with myself than to just wait all day for money/people.
This is where you put aside creative roleplayers and the roleplayers who need visible people online to enjoy the server.

Well pointed out, Casper.In my opinion, faction leaders / high ranking members SHOULD be the creative RPers, because they simply need to create Roleplay that members can enjoy, and eventually practice it when nobody's online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalker.stalker
Predator
Post Lover
Post Lover

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

I know this is strange but has anyone considered scripting a bot for each gang that you can RP with if no one is online?? Or even if people are online aswell,..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gang Inactivity & Money Farming   

Back to top Go down

Gang Inactivity & Money Farming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next