SA-MP roleplay server mainly focused on gangs in San Andreas
 
HomeFAQPortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Drug System Improvement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 595
Age : 23
Location : Planet Earth

PostSubject: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 am

Compton's idea about the drug system was good, but it has to be developed to the next level.
Our drug system is completely useless at the moment and nobody buys drugs.
The reason is simple. It's not worth it to buy and use drugs at all.
You pay too much money for nothing.
1 Seed = 500$ = 10g. Which means 50$ per gram.
As a dealer you need to sell a gram for more than 50$ to make some profit.
Let's say you're a very nice dealer and sell a gram for 80$.
Let's say a costumer buys 4 gram for 320$ and the only thing he gets is 20% of health/armor
because each gram gives you +5 health/armor points. Do you know how much it is?!

A 9mm with 30 bullets costs 200$ at Emmet's as a comparison.
Isn't that a joke? Also if you sell drugs with that price course (30$ profit per gram)
you need to sell more than 33 gram to make your first 1000$ which takes a year.
So the consume & distribution of drugs is not worth it at all.

What I suggest is a new stimulation for people to consume drugs.
It has to be worth it. Let's say you get 20% of health/armor plus a little effect (a bit drunk, color contrast) with each gram.
Also with lower prices. Sounds much more interesting right?

There's also a bug in the current version of the system.
You can only consume 4 gram of cocaine max which doesn't even give you this fucking 20%.
Everything you use above is a pure coke waste and doesn't give you anything.

What do you think?



Back to top Go down
U.N. Owen
Owner
Owner
avatar

Posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 am

I'm aware of this: And i was thinking at some point during development of v1.3.35, That the drug system needs some re-working done on it. I'll have to think over some methods over the next few days and see what i can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 995
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 am

I'll talk to owen about it on msn, since I always discussed about an update on it and such other drugs like steroids, crystal meth, crack and so on.
Back to top Go down
Micklo
Legend
Legend
avatar

Posts : 995
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 am

I unlocked it now so we can all have a fare discussion about the drug system.
Owen told me he is quite busy so we might as well bring up good suggestions.
First of all, I think we should have seeds for more of a high expensive and grows for the same amount of time.Also If that isn't changed then we should not even have "the drug store" or whatever you may wanna call it to buy seeds.Why that? We have built up a faction that started into a gang that later turned into a drug trafficking organization for the money and the role play itself.How are we even gonna make money when everyone in the server is smart enough to see a skull icon and has the money to buy all the seeds they want.Some people just grow it and don't even take the necessary things to even create a farm of marijuana or a cocaine field.Why not have our organization's crews (Ganton Crew currently) to supply you with whatever you need.Sometimes because we are so desperate to make money, we will go out of our business area to go find people around the server and become mobile dealers.Mobile dealers go around selling their product from their vehicle which is what most of my members have to do sometimes.That's no fun at all.Everyone in the server will soon realize why they /SHOULD/ come to us more often whenever they need something.We won't rip you off, and there is certain things needed to be done in order to get your drugs.No more /sellweed or /sellcocaine.I don't want to set a price to $1 because I just want to collect the money first.We should have more of a /givecocaine [id] [amount]and /give weed [id] [amount] no more setting money prices, that's just foolish.
Now another thing, I want more drug options.Some people may be interested in other things such more than weed or coke.
Effects is also something I want to bring up.I want players to be addicted after their first hit of crack.That is pure realism and role play so It should be role played.Making the players addicted will make you more profit and will have them coming back for more.
You don't want to role play addicted? Don't take drugs then, but not everyone's character would be that smart unless someone taught them the real negative side of drugs.Players should also feel those cool weather effects everyone loves.
As well for the cocaine armor thing, it should be bumped up a little just so customers will feel like they did not waste their money nice point there.



This is just in a day of what I have made, but If we do get a chance for my suggestions to be accepted we would have around $10,000.That is real profit made just by selling drugs in the server.
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend


Posts : 865

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 am

Make the raw seed for cocaine and weed's prices different. Not only is cocaine more expensive, but it also gives you armor in game. Make acquiring cocaine different in-game, not by growing a plant, maybe give it another location from the weed one. As far as I know, coca plants are rarely grew in the USA, they mostly get imported from other countries as the final product. That's why cocaine needs to be role played and scripted as imported and taken as a shipment, not grown.

Bring back crack and add a few other available and popular drugs, such as meth, ecstasy, heroin and so on. All of them being different to acquire/cook/get and having different effects (some to have colors for example). If they are the same as weed or cocaine, there's no use of implementing them. For example there can be a big list of products you can buy from 24/7s or pharmacies, and if you buy the right combination of stuff, you have the ability to make meth. Basically make the drugs like candy, have a lot of people wanting and using them by IC and OOC desire. That way money can flow. I guess the stats boost can get a little bigger too now.

Choose if drugs in the server are business or a way to fill time and get an armor boost. If you want them to be a business, make them hard to control and let an experienced faction which deserves to supply people with them and make profit. Or at least let them control a portion of the good drugs. Not everyone deserves to be on the same level as others.

When a drug gives you a health or an armor boost and it reaches it's limit, let it show you a message or stop you from wasting doses for nothing when the max health/armor is reached. For example when it says you gained +4 armor on your sixth dose when you didn't.

Make the drug giving command to be just /givewhatever [ID] [amount]. People can pay you beforehand or after, through role play.
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 am

Add drug effects back.
Back to top Go down
Tuck
Silver Donator
Silver Donator
avatar

Posts : 1027

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 pm

ÐƎUƇE☮ wrote:
Add drug effects back.
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 400
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm

@Deuce:
When you smoke weed,you dont see that unrealistic shit like in GTASA where you see purple and red and cant walk normally like you are drunken...
IRL you are just chilled and you are a lot more happier and ready to laugh about everything.
Also you can get a "trip" where you see animals on the streets and you'll get paranoias.
Also a "horrortrip" this isnt funny....i had that one time when i smoked Jack Herer.I thought a crocodile is hiding in a bush and wants to kill me.




IRL the street price for weed is 7-10€ per gramm in my country (germany).In hollands "coffeshops",you can get strains for over 20$ per gramm.
A seed costs around 20-180€ (depends on which strain u wanna use....Example: Northern lights #5 X Haze costs 180€ for 10 feminized seeds.... Skunk #1 costs 20€ for 10 feminazed seeds.)
Also a normal yielding plant like amnesia haze,blueberry,cheese are having about 20-30 gramms (depends on the grow and power of the light.)
But it gives special strains like Big Bud,OG Kush,Purple kush, and more indica strains.
Sativa strains didnt get a big harvest yield like indicas and they are bigger then indicas.

Anyways i think you guys thinked: dafaq what this guy is talking about...

Well i want to make this clear: Some of you r thinking that Weed and marijuana isnt the same LOLOL.Its just another "street name".In germany we are saying " Ott,Pot,Gras,Cannabis,hanf "
Haschisch gets made of the crystals (pollen in germany) on the buds.

Words like Kush,Haze,Skunk n more...well they are varieties of weed/marijuana/cannabis/grass/Ganja/pot/dope.

- Kollegah
Back to top Go down
[AFK]Lil Dan
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1835
Age : 21
Location : Asylum

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks for telling us something we already know ''mr smoker''

Anyway, we dont need 10 types of marijuana, there is plenty of other drugs that should be added.
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 400
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Lil Dan wrote:
Thanks for telling us something we already know ''mr smoker''

Anyway, we dont need 10 types of marijuana, there is plenty of other drugs that should be added.

MAybe you but the 10-13 years old kids doesnt
Anyways 10 types of marijuana arent correct it gives like 1000's strains,anways it would be cool if we can get drugs like,speed,crack,ecstasy,LSD,LSA,DXM,Heroin,Crystal meth and a lot more
Would be cool if we can cook crystal and speed in a house with an cmd.
Back to top Go down
тесhnique
West Coast Gangsta
West Coast Gangsta
avatar

Posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Kollegah© wrote:
@Deuce:
When you smoke weed,you dont see that unrealistic shit like in GTASA where you see purple and red and cant walk normally like you are drunken...
IRL you are just chilled and you are a lot more happier and ready to laugh about everything.
Also you can get a "trip" where you see animals on the streets and you'll get paranoias.
Also a "horrortrip" this isnt funny....i had that one time when i smoked Jack Herer.I thought a crocodile is hiding in a bush and wants to kill me.




IRL the street price for weed is 7-10€ per gramm in my country (germany).In hollands "coffeshops",you can get strains for over 20$ per gramm.
A seed costs around 20-180€ (depends on which strain u wanna use....Example: Northern lights #5 X Haze costs 180€ for 10 feminized seeds.... Skunk #1 costs 20€ for 10 feminazed seeds.)
Also a normal yielding plant like amnesia haze,blueberry,cheese are having about 20-30 gramms (depends on the grow and power of the light.)
But it gives special strains like Big Bud,OG Kush,Purple kush, and more indica strains.
Sativa strains didnt get a big harvest yield like indicas and they are bigger then indicas.

Anyways i think you guys thinked: dafaq what this guy is talking about...

Well i want to make this clear: Some of you r thinking that Weed and marijuana isnt the same LOLOL.Its just another "street name".In germany we are saying " Ott,Pot,Gras,Cannabis,hanf "
Haschisch gets made of the crystals (pollen in germany) on the buds.

Words like Kush,Haze,Skunk n more...well they are varieties of weed/marijuana/cannabis/grass/Ganja/pot/dope.

- Kollegah

Come on, I know what Marijuana effect does, but why can't we do it like this, like when you smoke weed each 2 minutes you automatically have "/me laughs" and /laugh animation, that would be reaLISTIC.
Back to top Go down
RollingStone
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 400
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm

ÐƎUƇE☮ wrote:
Kollegah© wrote:
@Deuce:
When you smoke weed,you dont see that unrealistic shit like in GTASA where you see purple and red and cant walk normally like you are drunken...
IRL you are just chilled and you are a lot more happier and ready to laugh about everything.
Also you can get a "trip" where you see animals on the streets and you'll get paranoias.
Also a "horrortrip" this isnt funny....i had that one time when i smoked Jack Herer.I thought a crocodile is hiding in a bush and wants to kill me.




IRL the street price for weed is 7-10€ per gramm in my country (germany).In hollands "coffeshops",you can get strains for over 20$ per gramm.
A seed costs around 20-180€ (depends on which strain u wanna use....Example: Northern lights #5 X Haze costs 180€ for 10 feminized seeds.... Skunk #1 costs 20€ for 10 feminazed seeds.)
Also a normal yielding plant like amnesia haze,blueberry,cheese are having about 20-30 gramms (depends on the grow and power of the light.)
But it gives special strains like Big Bud,OG Kush,Purple kush, and more indica strains.
Sativa strains didnt get a big harvest yield like indicas and they are bigger then indicas.

Anyways i think you guys thinked: dafaq what this guy is talking about...

Well i want to make this clear: Some of you r thinking that Weed and marijuana isnt the same LOLOL.Its just another "street name".In germany we are saying " Ott,Pot,Gras,Cannabis,hanf "
Haschisch gets made of the crystals (pollen in germany) on the buds.

Words like Kush,Haze,Skunk n more...well they are varieties of weed/marijuana/cannabis/grass/Ganja/pot/dope.

- Kollegah

Come on, I know what Marijuana effect does, but why can't we do it like this, like when you smoke weed each 2 minutes you automatically have "/me laughs" and /laugh animation, that would be reaLISTIC.

Yeah,also the "Eatflash" i name it so,because when i smoke grass,i get hungry as fuck after 1 hour.My friends does too
Back to top Go down
Recklezz
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 490
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 pm

remove the drug store
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm

ÐƎUƇE☮ wrote:
Kollegah© wrote:
@Deuce:
When you smoke weed,you dont see that unrealistic shit like in GTASA where you see purple and red and cant walk normally like you are drunken...
IRL you are just chilled and you are a lot more happier and ready to laugh about everything.
Also you can get a "trip" where you see animals on the streets and you'll get paranoias.
Also a "horrortrip" this isnt funny....i had that one time when i smoked Jack Herer.I thought a crocodile is hiding in a bush and wants to kill me.




IRL the street price for weed is 7-10€ per gramm in my country (germany).In hollands "coffeshops",you can get strains for over 20$ per gramm.
A seed costs around 20-180€ (depends on which strain u wanna use....Example: Northern lights #5 X Haze costs 180€ for 10 feminized seeds.... Skunk #1 costs 20€ for 10 feminazed seeds.)
Also a normal yielding plant like amnesia haze,blueberry,cheese are having about 20-30 gramms (depends on the grow and power of the light.)
But it gives special strains like Big Bud,OG Kush,Purple kush, and more indica strains.
Sativa strains didnt get a big harvest yield like indicas and they are bigger then indicas.

Anyways i think you guys thinked: dafaq what this guy is talking about...

Well i want to make this clear: Some of you r thinking that Weed and marijuana isnt the same LOLOL.Its just another "street name".In germany we are saying " Ott,Pot,Gras,Cannabis,hanf "
Haschisch gets made of the crystals (pollen in germany) on the buds.

Words like Kush,Haze,Skunk n more...well they are varieties of weed/marijuana/cannabis/grass/Ganja/pot/dope.

- Kollegah

Come on, I know what Marijuana effect does, but why can't we do it like this, like when you smoke weed each 2 minutes you automatically have "/me laughs" and /laugh animation, that would be reaLISTIC.

I just don't like your suggestion about /me and anim, because you will be in shoot out and than you will just fall in laugh, and auto /laugh anim will me you easy target for enemies, fuck this drug system, just leave it like this and its cool. maybe make cocaine more usefull.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 45
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm

@Bull

Are you serious mang

Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Jake wrote:
@Bull

Are you serious mang


Yeah I am serious, there are factions who are involved in real drug dealing and supplying whole city with them, what else do you want? my suggestions in this case are:

- If you plant a weed, and somebody found it, he can stole it from you. - gangs will be interested in robbing houses more if someone will be indoor growing...
- Add crack drug on server
- You should wait more time before harvest a plant ( for around 20-30 min maybe more. but your plants should save if you /q or crash)
- A plant should give you random amount of grams for example (18-43 grams, or more.)
- Maybe put IG different types of weed plants (OG hush, AK, whatever...) and set different seed prices for them, but if you will grow up your own weed named OG Hush (lets say this is the strongest one - just for example) it will give you 25 - 40 HP over time when you smoke it - so this weed should be the most expensive...
- That you can grow more than 1 plant, so there would be plantations and cops would be looking for them with helicopter - it will increase usage of helicopter
- Put some warehouses on sale so there can be some "grow rooms" inside or something... - so that will make more RP between gangs and cops, if they found your warehouse they can raid it.

I think that are all my ideas and all of them can be scripted. but we just need to be patient.
Back to top Go down
Recklezz
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 490
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm

The fact that the drug store is available openly for everyone brings the realism down, I'm tired of seeing everyone with their own seeds, it isn't even that easy to buy seeds in real life.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

and that is true too, but you got idea how this should be changed ?
Back to top Go down
Recklezz
Post Lover
Post Lover
avatar

Posts : 490
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Restrict it to specific factions, not every second individual will get the plug to a drug cartel or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah but there are really much gangs involved in drug traffic, smuggling and so on... it should be unfair to factions who can't buy seeds there and too much profitable to factions who can buy seeds there. so for example DP will have access to this drug factory and they will buy seeds, grow their own drugs so they can sell seeds, drugs, what about other factions that will want to have their own plantations ?

I just got an idea, as IRL plant don't give you only "weed" when you harvest it it gave you seeds too, so there should be system like this, if you harvest your drug plants you can get some seeds from it too...
Back to top Go down
Jiggy
V.I.P
V.I.P
avatar

Posts : 937
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:54 pm

I agree with madaleno. Seeds or drugs shouldn't be so easy to buy. In real life you can't go to a shop and buy a seed instantly like that. I'd suggest that only DP high ranks know where to buy seeds/drugs so that DP actually can earn some money. And it would be alot better for the RP because people would rely on DP for their drugs, and IRL it's pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 pm

#Jiggsta wrote:
I agree with madaleno. Seeds or drugs shouldn't be so easy to buy. In real life you can't go to a shop and buy a seed instantly like that. I'd suggest that only DP high ranks know where to buy seeds/drugs so that DP actually can earn some money. And it would be alot better for the RP because people would rely on DP for their drugs, and IRL it's pretty much the same.

In Slovenia are shops with weed seeds, but they are legal to buy, so it is enough easy to get them IRL, and yeah the biggest faction with drug dealing is DP that's true, but why don't you just think how unfair should be to other gangs ?
Back to top Go down
Jiggy
V.I.P
V.I.P
avatar

Posts : 937
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 pm

We're RPing in Los Santos not Slovenia, lol. Yeah, I guess it'll be a bit unfair to gangs that like to buy their own drugs straight away, not from DP. But, DP is a crew that should earn alot more money then they do now, IRL a crew like DP would earn really good if they have a good spot to sell and DP in the server sells at Ganton, and people pass by there every 10 minutes or even 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Buhinc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster
avatar

Posts : 1583

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 pm

#Jiggsta wrote:
We're RPing in Los Santos not Slovenia, lol. Yeah, I guess it'll be a bit unfair to gangs that like to buy their own drugs straight away, not from DP. But, DP is a crew that should earn alot more money then they do now, IRL a crew like DP would earn really good if they have a good spot to sell and DP in the server sells at Ganton, and people pass by there every 10 minutes or even 5 minutes.

Yeah rping in LS not Slovenia you start talking about real life so I told I can simply get seeds in Slovenia, yeah still unfair, because IRL there is not only 1 big organization involved in drug dealing
Back to top Go down
Rick
Legend
Legend


Posts : 865

PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I think maybe at least one drug should remain available to every faction to role play with and create. Maybe something common like weed where you don't need extraordinary street connections to hook yourself up with some and start selling. It will keep the police focus in everyone at least a little this way. If gangs have 0 drugs and 0 weapons they are barely a street gang anymore. The rest of the drugs should be given to the control of somebody like DP for example, they base their entire role play around them and if the other factions were such big drug dealers, then they wouldn't be spotted buying drugs off DP like they do. But if we have more than five drug types in-game, some of them in my opinion need to be given to another street faction to run. Street dealers usually specialize, make and sell 1-2-3 types of products, they don't walk around with every possible drug in their bag and can't cover the entire market. It can create some good tension, rivalry and role play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Drug System Improvement   

Back to top Go down
 
Drug System Improvement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How DVPS (Delivery Versus Payment System) will benefit to CSE.
» Manipulators hail the new system upgrade
» Who is running our system? From economy to education.
» Sri Lanka banking system well capitalized, solid: officials
» Capital Trust "ATRAD"online trading system

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
West Coast Life Roleplay :: Basket-
Jump to: